Chapter Nine

Picture of Mohammed

I walked through the hall like a zombie, school was unusually quiet. Students lined the hallway but no one was talking, they were all staring at me but I did not dare look up, I crept to my locket and slowly put the combination in.

Just then I was surrounded by Nyla and the other girls......with a sigh i turned and faced them.

Filicity was there, but I noted she couldn't look me in the face.

Nyla: " I'm so sorry Zahara"

Keeley: " we all are"

I nod my head then looked at Filicity.

Zahara: " where were you? I went there for You "

Nyla: " it was me, I found her passed out in a room so I took her home, I didn't know she had called you "

Anushka: " are you OK"?

Keeley shoved her immediately.

Anushka: " sorry, of course you're not"

Nyla: " we just wanted you to know we're here for you so don't feel like you're alone, you're apart of us....friends forever "

Keeley: "friends forever "

Anushka: " friends forever"

Then they all looked at Filicity who's eyes were filled with tears.

Filicity: "forever friends".

Then they grouped hugged me but honestly I felt no warmth in their embrace and really just wanted to get away from them.

Zahara: " i--- I'm gonna get to class early, thank you all".

Then I walked away.

As I walked down the hallway I could feel the stares and hear the whispers...

That's her!

That's the girl that has been raped

Six guys

I wouldn't want to be her

She's damage goods

Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe.

She probably caught something

More than likely

Elijah won't want her now!

Yes!!! He's free now

I call dibs!

No he's mine

Mine!

I couldn't take it anymore, I started running, I ran down the hall to the bathroom and pushed hard through the door, thank God it was empty.

I quickly turn on the faucet and washed my face.

Then I saw my reflection, my eyes looked empty, I no longer looked like myself anymore, their was no life there, I was dead.

Maybe Keith was right, maybe I should kill myself.

I started crying then and I sat on the bathroom floor with my hands buried in my face.

I am nothing.

The bathroom door open but I remained as I was, what's the point in caring who sees me like this, everyone knows.

The person feet appeared beside me so I had no choice but to look up.

It was Elijah.

I started crying harder.

Zahara: " please....please no more....I don't want hear no more...just go"... I pleaded.

He then bent slowly beside me and scooped me up bridal style, and carried me out to the hallway.

Elijah: " listen up everyone"!

The students in the hallway faced him, Mohammed, Roman and Royale came by his side and Nyla and the girls stood far off but they faced us too.

Elijah: " if I see or hear any of you say anything negative towards my girl, whether by whispers or to her face... I am gonna pound yours. I am gonna pound your fucking face so hard that you own mother won't be able to recognize you..

And I don't give a fuck who you may be: a girl, a boy, a bully even if you're the teacher or the motherfucking principal of this school....it all goes for you.

I dare you! I dare you to step to her because I am more than happy to deal with you!!!

Anyone who messes with her... messes with me"!!!!

Mohammed: " go brother, take her from here".. he whispered.

Roman: " yea... we got you".

Then he turned and left with me still in his arms.

I got to see a glimpse of the girls before we disappeared from their sight. Anushka and Keeley were looking at us admirably but I saw Nyla looked to Filicity who also looked back to her as though they were having a conversation telepathically; then one by one they turned and walked away.