Chapter Sixteen

Picture of Leanna

Couple months later

It was the senior's graduation day, today Elijah and the boys would no longer be apart of Garden Cree High and it was depressing.

I was at home under my blanket sulking and hiding away from the world.

Its been couple months and we still were not together. He hasn't called me and I haven't called him but it was his graduation day, I should be there for him but my ego wouldn't let me.

Knock knock

"Come in "... I groaned.

The door open and in walked Anushka, Keeley and Leanna with ice cream, chips and a DVD in hand.

Zahara: "guys"....I gushed.

Keeley: " we figured you wouldn't want to be alone"

They started setting up instantly.

Zahara: "thank you"... I whispered.

Anushka: "are you OK"?

Zahara: "no "....I sobbed as I broke into tears.

Leanna: "oh sweetie" ...she said and they all filed in my bed as we fitted in a group hug.

Zahara: "I miss him so much "... I cried.

Anushka: "I know honey and I am sure he misses you too"

Keeley: "if it helps Leanna and I both saw him as we were with Roman and Royale earlier today and he looked like crap, he is totally messed up without you"

Zahara: "it doesn't help but thanks".

Leanna had just started dating Royale and from what I heard they were both slowly replacing Elijah and I in the love birds category which is funny because Royale was never liked that with Felicity.

Zahara: "OK what movie you brought "?... I asked feeling a little better.

Anushka: "we figured you wouldn't want to see any love sappy movie "

Leanna: "and a scary movie or action movie is just too much for the mind".

Leanna: "so it's a spongebob squarepants marathon day "

Zahara: "what...are you serious "!?!... I exclaimed.

Anushka: "yes we are "

Zahara: "spongebob has no substance it's just a goofy cartoon "

Leanna: "exactly!!!  Its pointless, there won't be any Part to make you remember him"

Keeley: "or her"

Anushka:  "or they"

Leanna: " just a silly, funny, goofy pointless movie to make you laugh and forget "

I looked into it and said..."press play".

It was late in the evening when the girls started heading home, I had decided to see them out.

Keeley: "Leanna you're crazy "!!!

Anushka: "I can't believe you'd even consider going on a date with Squidward "

Leanna: "he's artistic... enough said"

And we all started laughing.

Anushka: "Zahara what's this"?... she asked suddenly and she bent to pick up a single white rose with a white envelope strategically placed at the foot of the steps that led to my deck.

She handed it to me as they all stared curiously.

Shakily I started to open the envelope for on the face was simply written Zahara.

Zahara,

Today was my graduation day, I was valedictorian and I got many certificate and awards. My family was there and so were my best friends, I was told congratulations and everyone seemed to be proud of my outstanding academical records.. yet, it meant nothing.

I feel empty, like my meaning for life is gone. Nothing is right without you Zahara,  I think of you every day, every second, every minute. I think of all the things I should have done different, all of my achievements means nothing if I can't go back in time to change the things I did to loose you.

So I 'm leaving, I can't stay here anymore, everything reminds me of you and it's killing me.

I am moving to England where my mom is, I will join the family business that will eventually be passed down to me. By the time you get this I will be gone but Zahara please know I am so sorry for everything...

I love you with all of my heart and I am sorry I failed in keeping you happy.

---- goodbye.

I didn't realize how hard I was crying till my teardrops that fell on the letter tore it in two.

Leanna:" what is it"?... she asked worriedly.

I looked at them and whispered..."he's gone ".