Chapter Twenty - Two

Picture of Judah

The house is huge!!!! I stare with my mouth opened as the kids ran off towards the house in excitement.

Rameeli: "mommy it's castle"!!! Shouted Anushka's little girl as she trailed the others.

Anushka: "breathtaking isn't it"?

Zahara: "yes it is".... I breathed.

She chuckled.

Anushka: "I hear inside is even better"

I looked at her like she had grown two heads and she laughed out loud.

Anushka: "come on let's go".

As we entered I was already convinced she was right. Every carved furniture and carefully selected sculpture told me as such.

Zahara: " who's house is this"???.... I said wide eyed and they laughed.

Just then the boys came in looking like they walked out of a God damn fashion magazine.... the infamous prodigal sons....excluding one.

Royale: "Z"!!!!.... he shouted as he pulled me in a hug.

Roman: "the girl who stole my brother's heart, what's up"!!!!.... pulling me from Royal's arms to his.

Mohammed: " broke It too but hey we still love you".

Sadness hit me instantly at his words and looked him in the eye and said:

"If it helps any....I broke mines too"

There was a long pause until Royale came over and grab my bags.

Royale: "come on, let's get settled ".

Later on in the day we were all hanging by the pool, the kids were playing football in the sprinklers with the boys while the girls lounge on the pool side.

It was a pleasing sight to see and I watch as Judah giggled as he was lifted to the air by Mohammed but it also hurt for a realize all these children had something he wanted so badly but I haven't been able to find....a father, in that area I have failed repeatedly.

I sighed heavily at the thought.

Keeley: "you OK"?.... she asked.

I nod..... "but thirsty"... I stated.

Leanna: "the fridge is yours".

So I got up and head for the kitchen and bumped into someone I haven't seen in eternity....Nyla's high school boyfriend... Brad.