Chapter Twenty

Picture of Zahara

Couple years later

A couple years has passed and my life I must say hasn't been better.
I graduated and everyone seemed to have gone in separate directions.

I was in college now getting my degree to become a doctor but it hasn't been easy.

I just moved back home from out of the apartment I had rented with James, he was my fiance. Operative word here is was .... I just found out he cheated on me.

How? I walked in on them, you know the classic male having sex in your own bed with another woman.

I must admit that all the relationships after Elijah had failed horribly:

Omarlie: had a girlfriend in another state who found out about us and came to threatened me to leave her "man" alone.

Aiden: too possessive, I couldn't even go to the mall without his consent, all he wanted was for me to stay home and attend to his every need, in other words, he wanted a maid.

Nicolai: I found out that not only he had cheated but had three- yes three different women carrying his child.

Riley: left me for another Woman

And Creeton: beat me mercilessly whenever he was intoxicated.

Now this.

The only good I got from it all was my son Judah. Yes, I am single mom studying to become a doctor, there were moments when my life was so hectic i was close to a nervous breakdown but with mom and dad aid, it wasn't bad, we were surviving.

Judah is five years old and the best thing I ever received in my life apart from Elijah.

I was actually off campus site grabbing something to eat when I heard someone say my name.

I turned to see all three girls rushing towards me screaming.

I got up and greet them with a hug.

Keeley: "oh my gosh how long has it been"!?!

Zahara: "too long"... I admitted.

Leanna: "you just disappeared on us, I heard you have a son"

Zahara: "yes, the only joy in my life"

Anushka: "we're all parents, we carpool each other kids every week and meet up on weekends"

Zahara: "really "?

Keeley: "we're all married too"

I looked at them all astonishingly.

They laughed.

Leanna: "wait till you hear who our husband are "

They all joined my table with loads of shopping bags etc.

Anushka: "let me start... I am teacher and I have a little girl name Rameeli and one day I was having car troubles, stuck in the middle of nowhere and a black Mercedes pulled up byside me with Roman in it, we got married six months after"

Zahara: "what "!!!... I exclaimed as they all started laughing.

Keeley: "OK, OK me next.... I am a lawyer, I have a little boy name Braxton and one day I had a huge case in court and my opposition lawyer walked in, it was no other than Mohammed, we fought terrible in court which I won but to make it up to him I offered him a drink at a bar and had drunken sex, hence Braxton... two years and counting in marriage "

Leanna: " and I am now a veterinarian and I helped save Royale's dog and we just had our little bundle of joy Tashiki, he's six months old and we've been married for a year, how about you"?

And they looked at me with curiosity.

Zahara: "I am single mom"... I said sadly as they all looked a me pitifully...."I am happy for all of you ".

There was utter silence and I can tell by each of their expression that they felt sorry for me and honestly, I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself too.

Keeley: "what are you doing this weekend "?... she asked as the others looked at her like she had gone crazy.

Zahara: "nothing why"?

Keeley: "we're all going to England to visit an old friend and be apart of his wedding, would you like to come"?

Anushka: "not a good idea Keeley "

Zahara: " this friend is not Elijah right "?.... I asked curiously.

Keeley: "nope"!... she answered nervously which made me suspicious but Keeley had always been loyal, if she said it wasn't Elijah then I believed her, I sighed heavily and said:

Zahara: "OK then I'm in".