Chapter Nineteen

When I got home my mom and dad were patiently waiting in the living room.

Richard: "hey pumpkin "... he stated as soon as i stepped in.

Zahara: "hi dad, hi mom".... I sighed as I flopped myself in the coach across from them.

Melissa: "so you know"... she stated and I nod.

Zahara: "why didn't you tell me you were doing an investigation "?

Richard: "you've been through enough, we didn't want you to be burdened with this too".

Melissa: "we were hoping to keep you unaware so you can focus on being a kid"

Zahara: "they want me to testify"....I said sadly.

Melissa: "and you should "

Richard: "you can't allow them to get away with this Zahara"

My thoughts went to Felicity.

Melissa: "what's going on, why are you hesitating "?....  She asked curiously.

I sighed...."what if I told you because Felicity was behind it all"?... I asked.

"What"!!. .. they said simultaneously.

I took a breath and started unloading,  I told them everything... the girls, the party, the boys and even about Elijah and without interruption they listened.

Melissa: "the boy is gone "?... she asked as I sobbed.

"Yes"... I whispered.

Just then,  they looked at each other and smiled and my dad's enclosed his hands warmly around hers, i eyed them suspiciously.

Zahara: "wait... whats going on between you too"?

They both started blushing like two teenagers caught in love.

Richard: "we've been seeing each other Zahara .... again"

Melissa: "I think the prayer you prayed many, many years ago was answered in more ways than one".

Despite all of my troubles it was very pleasing to see my parents look at each other with love once again and i couldn't help the smile that spread warmly across my face.

Richard: "baby, love is not easy, anything valuable never is, you have to work hard to get it and even harder to keep it"

Zahara: "i'm happy for you both"... i said sincerely.

 and they smiled.

Melissa: "you are an incredible human being, to be betrayed so terribly by your best friend and still  you're here thinking of dropping the case to protect that very person is  extremely remarkable".

Richard: "you are remarkable and whatever you decide we will support you".

The weekend

I paced back and forth in my room, I didn't want to keep bailing her out but my heart won't harden against her.

I wish it would, she has hurt me so many times....but what kind of person would I be?

With a sigh I open my bedroom door and ran down the steps.

Zahara: " mom I am borrowing the car"!!!

already knowing my intentions she shouted:

 "be careful "!!!!

And I snatch it from the counter ad ran through the door.

.

It took awhile to find the private clinic and it looked awful, Filicity must have really lost her mind.

I ran in but the waiting area was empty. I walked up to the woman behind the desk.

Zahara: "excuse me, is there a patient her by the name Filicity Chi"?

Without even acknowledging me she searched her files.

Woman: Room# 104.

And just like that I was dismissed. I ran down the hallway and looked for the numbers on the doors.

She I finally got there I looked through the glass window on the door and saw her in bed with her back to the door.

I open it slowly and called: Filicity?

She turned to me with tears streaming from her face.

Filicity: "it's gone, the baby gone..what have I done"?

I walked over to her and pulled her in a hug.

Filicity: "it was horrible, I was so scared, I asked God for a sign but I never got one, they gave me a pill to Start the process which I stupidly took the I started having second thoughts but it was too late, it hurt so bad"!!!!

She sobbed loudly as I did everything to hold back my tears.

After a long silence she asked.

Filicity: "do you think God will forgive me, for everything "?

Zahara: "only one way to ensure that he does"... I whispered.

She smiled and then bow her head in prayer:

Dear God,

I'm so sorry, i have done so many things i should be punished for, i am so sorry for everything i have done to Zahara, to my friends, to my baby, to you.

Please forgive me and help me to be a better person.

Please help Zahara forgive me, please help put back together what I stole from her and let her find her happiness again.

And lord, please take care of my baby.

----in Jesus name.

Amen.