Chapter Thirty

I had the cab driver leave me at the closet hotel to the airport and as soon as I entered I flopped myself down on the bed.

Just then, I remembered my cellphone and got up to retrieve it. There were literally twenty six missed calls: nineteen alone from Elijah and the rest from Keeley.
There were voice mails too, I sighed heavily... do I even wanna listen to these voice mails???

I weighed my options and then reluctantly pressed play:

Elijah's voice mail #1:

"Zahara please pick up".

Elijah's voice mail #2:

"Zahara don't do this, let's talk please...please... talk to me".

Elijah's voice mail #3:

"This is my tenth call goddamit I am not calling you back"!!!

Elijah's voice mail #4:

"*sigh* ... Just so you know this goes against all guy codes, this is my thirteenth phone call please answer me "

Elijah's voice mail #5:

"You're doing it again, you're running. You always run Zahara and every time you do you break me, you break my heart every time you leave me and I don't know how to make you stay. Jenna was never supposed to happened but I couldn't continue living in grief, I waited for you, I really did, I followed up with everything you did praying daily you'd return to me but when you didn't I let go....but seeing you yesterday threw me, every nerve in my body craved you, fuck I am craving you now!
.

.

I love you Zahara but I can't keep playing this game with you, I can't ".

Elijah's voice mail #6:

"*Sigh*..... I will always love you "

By the last voice mail I was tearing up and my hands began to shake. Just then the phone started ringing and Keeley' s name flashed across the screen.

I answered meekly:

"Hello"

--- "Zahara, are you OK"?

I started crying and my voice cracked when I said "no".

----"are you home"?

"No I am at the Radisson Blu Hotel"

----" we're coming".