Chapter Twenty- Three

Picture of Brad.

"OMG Brad"!!!.... I shouted as I rushed to his arms.

Its been forever since I saw him, we were never that close because of his affiliation but he was never mean to me.

Brad: "Z"!!!!... he said as he hugged me tightly..... "I didn't know you'd be here too... wow, I am impressed... you really are a good girl"

My eyes narrowed at his statement but I ignored it.

Zahara: "the others are outside with the kids" I said and then there was an awkward pause, I mean we never really were close so what the hell would we have to talk about?  "soooo" I dragged ... "how is Nyla "

Brad: "how is Elijah"?... he counteracted and my eyelashes fell to the floor...."Exactly, now let's move on, after all they've both have".

My eyes flashed to his...."what you mean"?... I asked.

Just then Keeley walked in.

Keeley: " I was wondering what was taking you so long, oh! hi Brad ".

Brad: "kee- kee"! He shouted and they hugged.

Keeley:" come on the party is outside, let's enjoy the good weather while it lasts" and she pulled him through the door.

But I was stunted. I always tried to envision Elijah in another girl's arms, but I was never successful. I couldn't see it, I didn't want to see it, it hurts too much.

But look at me, I've had many lovers in my arms since him, trying to replace the love I lost but I was never successful, and at this rate, I probably will forever be alone.

I sighed and went over to sink as I washed the glass I was gonna pour whatever juice I would find in the fridge for Judah.

When the task was completed, I turned to the direction of the fridge and suddenly the glass fell from my hands instantly smashing to the ground because right there standing in front of me with a stunned looked on his face was the man who stole my heart and kept it locked for years and never gave it back ..............Elijah.