Chapter Seventeen

Senior year

It was my final year at Garden Cree High. My life has changed drastically since the first day I started and I am still not sure if it was for the good or bad.

As I walked down the hallway everyone waved or said hi. We've just had our prom and I was voted prom queen by a landslide over Nyla, ever since then, she has become an outcast along with her friend Felicity.

It's funny how we could be at the top one day and then the bottom at the next.

Elijah was gone, It took me months to smile again but the whole process had brought me close with the girls, I just started dating this guy: Omarli.

He seems nice but he wasn't Elijah.

I was at my locker when he came up and hugged me from behind.

Omarli: "hey baby ".

I turned and kissed him.

Zahara: "hi prom king"

Omarli: "last night was great"

Yep... I finally had sex, he was beaming but I wasn't... my official first time should have been with----

"Zahara Malarie, kindly report to the principal office immediately, thank you"... overhead speaker.

Omarlie: "I wonder whats that about"?

Zahara: "only one way to know"

He nod and kissed me..."let me know too ok"

Zahara: "ok"

As I entered the principal's office I noted that two police officers were present and that sent my heart in a frenzy, not that I was law breaker but come on...wouldn't that scene make your heart start dancing too?

Zahara: "Mrs. Ankerfield"?... I called meekly as I entered.

Mrs. Ankerfield: "Zahara come in..have a seat"... she said cheerfully.

I sat on the opposite end from the officers.

Mrs. Ankerfield: "Ms. Malarie this is officer Walker and Officer Shank, they are both here to speak to you about the progress of your case".

Zahara: "case, what case"?... I asked.

Officer Shank: "your parents wanted to protect you but there has been a full investigation going on in the incident of what happen to you last year"

Officer Walker: "we're happy to report we have found the men responsible for the crime"

My heart started thumping.

Zahara: "are you sure"?... I asked as shakily.

They nod simultaneously.

Officer Shank: " but in order for them to pay for the crime they've commit you will have to testify in court "

Officer Walker: "which is the purpose of why we are here, are you willing to testify in court"?

I looked to the officers and principal Ankerfield, I didn't know what to do. I've always had a feeling that it was a setup by Felicity and Nyla, if I pressed forward with the charges, what will happen to them?

Then there is the other side, what they did was despicable, if I allow them to go free wouldn't they be able to do it again?

There was a war going on in my head that was very evident.

The officers look to each other then said:

Office Walker: "Ms. Malarie, it's obvious you are conflicted "

Officer Walker: " and this is a huge decision, so we suggest you go home and discuss it with your family first OK"

I nod my head absently.

Mrs. Ankerfield: "just go home Zahara, it's OK.... we won't mark it against your school record".

I nod yet again and exit the office.