Chapter Eighteen

All this time I couldn't help but think of him. I missed him, but mulling over him was pointless, as we always say: it makes no sense to cry over a milk that is spilt.

As hard as it was, I have to move on.

The hall way was empty, everyone was in class. I place all my books in my locker and decided to freshen up in the bathroom before I go home.

As I enter I noted the bathroom was not empty.

Felicity was there sobbing and on the counter was a pregnancy test.

As soon as she noted me there she snatch it up and glared at me.

Filicity: "what are you staring at"?!?... she demanded.

I snorted and went to use the faucet, she stood there watching my every move and I casually continue my routine as though I had no care in the world before she finally spoke again with a heavy sigh.

Filicity: "you've won Zahara, you got everything "... she said sadly.

I looked at her like she lost her mind.

Zahara: "I won?... I lost everything because of you, I was raped because of you, I lost my boyfriend because of you, and I lost my best friend! Someone I thought would always be apart of my life, you were like a sister to me and you betrayed me, in probably more ways than one, how could you do this to me???

She hung her head.

Felicity:" I am horrible, you deserve a better friend than me"... she said sadly.

Zahara: " I couldn't agree more"

And I turn to walk away.

Felicity: "Zahara"!

At the sound of my name I halted.

Felicity: " I'm scared..... I'm pregnant and I'm scared".

I turned to see her crumbling to the floor crying.

I bent and took the pregnancy test and saw the two pink lines.

Zahara: "who's the father"?... I asked softly.

Felicity: "I don't know, it was a one night stand"

I looked at her disappointingly.

Zahara: "I swear its like i don't even know you"

Felicity: "I know"!!!... she cried..."I don't even think I know myself anymore"!!!

I sighed heavily..."so what you gonna do now"?... I asked.

Felicity: " I am not ready to be a single mom and I don't know how to raise a child, I am not fit to be a parent ...so I think I'm gonna do an abortion"

I looked at her shockingly.

Felicity: "please don't Zahara I don't have another choice"

Zahara: "you don't"???... I asked sarcastically because even I could think of a couple better choices than murdering an innocent child.

Filicity: "I don't"... she whispered.

.

.

.

Felicity : " My appointment is set for this weekend, I don't have anyone to come with me... can you please come"?

Zahara: "what happened to your bestie "?

Felicity: "you and I both know she ain't a true friend "

I snorted.

Filicity: "will you come"?... she asked hopefully.

Zahara: "honestly, I don't think so... not after everything "

She nod.

Filicity: "if you change your mind, it's the private clinic on Dunking St."

And she got up and started touching up her make up in the mirror, then she turned to me and ask:

Filicity: "do I look like someone who's whole world is falling apart"?

She asked and I smiled and said "no".

She nod and headed for the door but then paused.

Filicity: "Zahara, thank you for being a friend even though I know I never deserved it".

Then, with a sway of the hips she walked out confidently.