NINETEEN. Lost Love

Casually sitting at the bench in the kitchen, I see Skye walk in and sit down across from me. I stop swinging my legs under the table and watch her, watch me. She just stares, and a small smile begins to show up on my face.

"Yes?" I question happily, twirling the piece of chicken that was on my fork.

"Nothing. Just watching my hero eat." She casually says. I look at her oddly and then start to laugh.

"First Fitz and now you? You guys have a serious problem with me, it's border line creepy." She just chuckles.

"Come on," She complains. "You've technically been dead for almost a year and a half. Fitz was having a literal meltdown after you walked out. Let us have some fangirling time with you." She tells me, getting up and swapping to the seat that was next to me.

"Well, fangirl. Do what you have to, one-time chance." I face her, and she grins widely.

"Could you check out my facial recognition program that I'm in the middle of creating? It's supposed to track people, no matter where they are in the world, and I've been having a couple of problems with the mainframe and I've been trying out different methods but none of them are working, so if your used your genius mind on it, we can fix it up and SHIELD can use-" She begins rambling, almost too quickly for me to understand so I stopped her.

"Alright, alright. Calm down. Take me there and I'll have a look." She grabs my arm and I'm pulled away from my chicken, and back into the lab where Fitz was working at.

"Hey Fitz." She greets, pulling me towards one of the sides of the lab that a bunch of computers were waiting for me. Skye sits down and starts typing in the long-coded password which brings up the mainframe for the program.

"This is the base for it and I think this is where the problems are, but I don't know what to do." I sit down in the chair and start scanning through the code. I see the problem about halfway through the code and point it out.

"Here. If you swap this middle sentence with this one..." I type in the code that Tony and I regularly used in our computers back in the tower and our old house. "This should increase the speed and make the search more accurate. It'll help with recognising facial features and create other mainframes within the base mainframe." I explain, setting it back up. "We used this in Stark tower and has yet failed to find us a person in this world." I stand up and let her sit back at the computer. She turns on the program and SHIELD's symbol comes up. It instantly searches through hundreds of faces and an incredible pace, and a search bar like thing comes up, waiting for a name or certain DNA code.

"Dude this is amazing. Thank you so much." She starts typing wildly into the keyboard and I can't help but chuckle a little bit. I turn around to see Fitz biting his lip, struggling on some kind of technology that was in his hands. He was fumbling around with it, sighing angrily and ignoring everyone else in the room. I go over unnoticed and look over his shoulder, seeing the small piece that seemed to having cloaking abilities if I was viewing it correctly. Most likely it was for the jet when they went on missions, like the Helicarrier technology.

"Are you alright?" I question, seeing him fumble and drop the piece onto the table. He spins around and starts stuttering.

"Uh...uh... Yeah. I'm just...uh." He seemed to be struggling with his words which I found odd, because Phil never mentioned Fitz to be a stutterer. It didn't seem to be a normal 'omg famous person' stuttering either, more like a health problem stutter. I see Tripp come into the lab and he jogs over when he sees me standing next to the young scientist.

"Hey guys. Fitz, you doin okay? Still working on the cloaking device?" He quickly asks, interrupting Fitz's stutter fest.

"Yeah... uh, I c-can't seem to-to get the... uh, the thingy in the-the right pl-place." He tries to tell us smoothly, but stutters.