TWENTY NINE. #TRIPPLIVES

I couldn't see anything.

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't hear.

They placed a damp cloth on my face. I was hanging almost upside down from the roof and they were suffocating me. The cloth grew wet with water and made me feel like I was drowning. I could feel drips going up my nose, entering my mouth and my eyes. They weren't stopping.

My ears are uncovered, and I hear the laughter of many. "Are you sure, you don't know? We don't like liars, Miss Stark." His gruff voice sounded from right beside my ear.

"Please." I sob, wishing that this wasn't happening to me. "Let me go, please!" I cry out. The cover is put back on and I'm sent into the familiar darkness of torture.

---

5 hours before

We sealed the tunnel and made our way back to the plane, so we could meet May and the rest at the jet. "Let me know as soon as you can get us down into the tunnels safely." Phil order, rushing onto the cargo hold where May was waiting.

"Of course, Sir." Fitz grabs that bag and walks off.

"Yes, Sir." Simmons also complies.

"Whitehall's demand was for Raina. He said nothing about Skye." May informs Phil. I go off towards the side, staying quiet. I don't understand why we had to seal the tunnel again. Who knows if Mack even survived that fall?

So, Ward called an audible when he saw her on the plane.

Or had his own agenda the whole time. He told Skye he was keeping his promise.

"Which means he's taking her to meet daddy dearest. If there's a silver lining, it's that she's probably still alive." He turns to Bobbi who was walking up the ramp slowly. "Agent Morse, Hydra knows the alien city's here, and they're coming our way. If any of their Agents are ex-SHIELD, they'll contact Diego for local Intel. Reach out again. Make sure he doesn't tell them about the fort entrance."

"Copy that." Bobbi takes in a deep breath.

"We'll do everything possible for Mack. But right now, we have to stop Hydra from getting the Obelisk into those tunnels." She glances over at me, then looks to the floor. She leaves without another word and Phil watches.

"I told you there was something unnatural about it." I bitterly tell him. "We shouldn't have gone down there, now look at what's happened." I stand up.

"Mack will be fine-"

"He'll be fine?" I cry out. "He threw you across the room. You could have died! He tried to beat up Bobbi, and almost threw Simmons down a 100-foot hole. He's not fine, Phil!"

"He will be fine." He says again, sternly. "Leave it be, Avery." He tells me, before going off as well. I went into the dark lab that Fitzsimmons use to have as their main lab, and I sit in the very middle without turning on the lights. I felt alone. Skye was gone. Mack was gone. Phil was angry with me. May scares me. And everyone else was working. I felt that I was just the annoying, clingy little girl that everyone secretly wished to go away, I didn't feel that I was part of the team.

Internally, I wished to tell everyone, assure everyone that I wasn't just a normal fourteen-year-old girl. I had to grow up quickly, I never really had a childhood. My whole life was in front of cameras, trying to act grown up so I could fit in with the celebrity status. I don't even remember the last time I've watched something animated, let alone PG. I could easily do anything they were doing, but they all acted like I was glass, that I couldn't do anything.