FORTY FOUR. Mind Machine Memories

Weeks later, and everything was going downhill. Price was dead. Ward was dead. Phil was grieving and not acting like he should. Daisy was surprisingly happy about Ward's death. Not that I's a bad thing that Hydra is pretty much destroyed, I just don't think Ward should have died. He would have suffered more in prison, where he would starve to death.

No one asked me about the phone call that I received that night. Thank fully, they all saw how stressed I was about it and made sure to steer away from it, even though I knew all of them were interested on who was on the phone and what they wanted. Fury had made contact once more, telling me that there were little things happening over the word that were making the World Council rethink their people with powers policy. They wanted us all registered, which definitely isn't a good thing for me since I'm dead and that would end up freaking people out.

Currently we were trying to track down a new Inhuman that may be a threat to herself and the people around her. I've seen this before. We weren't exactly sure if she really was an Inhuman, but we definitely knew she wasn't exactly human. I was in the Lab with Fitzsimmons and Lincoln, since everyone else was out on the actual mission. Phil didn't like me going out into the public eye since anyone could recognise me. I had tried the facial mask before, but we learnt that getting punched in the face with it on breaks it down and causes it to stop working correctly, as expected.

"I've seen this before." Mack tells us over the comms. "Protests in Beirut."

"Urban rioting 101. Child's play compared to the real issue - Powers, wrong hands, again." Hunter snarked, scoffing at the thought of it.

"he does realise that we can hear him, right?" I raise an eyebrow, looking at Lincoln.

"He's Hunter." He rolls his eyes. "He doesn't realise anything."

"This could be something." We hear Mack say lightly, trying to get Hunter to actually do his job.

"An entire armoury's worth of military nicked from a police van, right under the nose of the police in less than four minutes. The two of us, trained, experienced We can pull this off. But all it takes is one tainted fish taco, and poof. Unfair advantage, really."

"Transmission starting now." Mack says, ignoring Hunter.

"No offense intended." Hunter added, shrugging.

"Yeah, no, it's great, being hunted, feared. It's a blast." I laugh a little at Lincoln saying this, as he walked over to see the computer that Jemma was working on.

"Blast. Get it? Your powers are a blast." Lincoln rolls his eyes, but I know that it was funny. Puns are bloody puntastic.

"Metal scraping on an urban street. A million and one possibilities." I keep throwing the stress ball in my hand up and down, until I realise it was awkwardly quiet. "Fitz?" Simmons says gently. Fitz turns from the 3D printer he was working on. Something has happened between the two, and I was going to find out what... "I hate to bother you, but is there something I'm not seeing?" Fitz comes over and observes the image.

"No. You're right. It's, um inconclusive." He says.

"Copy that." Mack says into the comm, then cutting off the lines. Fitz goes back to his chair, looking quite down. Lincoln went to the corner of the room and sighed sadly, and Jemma just looked awkward. I sigh, trying my best to not let the tension get to me.

"Hey, you guys wanna see something that I've been working on?" I tell them. I've been deciding for a while now when I should reveal some of the tech I've made to them. This particular one that I'm showing them was actually based off a sketch that Tony and I made before moving to New York. At the time, it was very advanced, but I made it work.