The Baby

8 MONTHS LATER

MERCY'S POV
The baby is due in a month and I'm going to have a girl. I woke up and put on a loose dress. I have a meeting to attend to today. I'm getting together will the royal court to come up with some decisions on a couple topics. One being single mothers and another are the rebéls. I walk downstairs and through a hallway. The hallway was dark wood and had pictures on both walls of all the royal court members on it. At the end there was a dead end and nothing there. I put my hand on the wall and pushed on it. The wall went in and slid to the side revealing a tunnel going down to the court chambers. The door shut behind me as I stepped into the cold chamber. The stone stairs spiraled down until you get to a wooden Door at the bottom. I opened it revealing all the court members waiting for me. I walked over and took a seat in the throne at the front of them. There were two guards at the door and two more beside my throne. I looked at all of them and clasped my hands together in my lap.

"So what is your verdict for the rebél case?" I asked. A short man who looked like the banker from Harry Potter stood up.

"We have decided it is best if we eliminate the threat" He said and sat down.

"Do we have any other options?"

"We could go to war but I think it would be best if we eliminate the target" Another said.

"I will report back to you with a solution" I said. " What will we do with single mothers?"

"We have decided to create a home for single and teen mothers who are struggling financially. We have also decided to give all single and teen mothers if they would like to participate in a type of therapy with the other mothers. Remember princess if they don't wish to participate in any of our actions then they will get one more chance to change their mind but it's not our fault if they choose not to participate." A man said.

"And princess we also would ask you if you would like to help host the therapy sessions" The first one said. I nodded.

"I think those ideas are brilliant thank you. I will help host the therapy as well" I said.

"Now what are we going to do with the homeless and others that are struggling financially?" I asked.

"We think that we should give the ones struggling financially a specific amount of resources and a small amount of money to help them on their way." One man to the right said.

"We're going to do the same for the homeless" A man in the back said.

"I think those are all amazing ideas" I said. "Any other ideas for any topic?"

"I think we should hold fundraisers and different activities to make the people happy" Someone said.

"Great anything else?" They all shook their heads. I stood up and made my way towards the door. A guard opened the door and I walked up the stairs. I turned around and watched the door close. I felt a pain in my neck and the world started going black.

TIME SKIP

I woke up tied to a chair with ropes on my wrists and ankles. I was blind folded. I tried to feel my neck were the bump and the pain was.

"I see you awake" Someone said.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"Your here as bait and for me to successfully accomplish my blackmail.

"What did you inject me with?"

"Just that medicine that takes away people's abilities and powers" He laughed.

"What blackmail?" I said just now registering what he had said before.

"Well I'm using blackmail for payback. You see people would do anything for you. Even die" He said and stroked my cheek with the back of his hand. I tried to back away but I couldn't because of the chair. I tugged at the ropes on my wrists.

"You can't get out" He said.

"How are you going planning on blackmailing this person?" I asked.

"I'm going to give them two options. Either they give me the amount of money I ask for or you die. It's simple"

"And who is this person?"

"Oh why it's Jake the ruthless man himself but then when it comes to something or someone he loves he's a coward. Jake loves you more than life itself. So he either gives me the money or you die" The blind fold was removed and I saw big red numbers counting down. Oh my God 30 seconds.

"He hasn't contacted me yet and yes He does know how much time he has" He said. Why hasn't he came and helped me? Why hasn't he payed the money yet? 10 seconds on the clock and he hasn't come. The door flew off its hinges across the room and barely missed me. Jake stormed in the room.

"Give her to me" He said.

"5 seconds Jake" The man said. Jake ran toward the man and he jumped over Jake. Jake turned around and threw a fire ball at him. The man threw a knife at me and it stabbed my stomach. I grabbed my stomach and fell to the ground. There was a warm puddle of blood underneath me. I felt someone lift me off the ground and then I blacked out. My baby!