Pure Blood

WARNING: contains religious names and twists on bible references. If you are easily offended, then don't read this chapter.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hanji set Levi in his bed, hooking him up to an IV containing blood. Eren watched as Hanji checked his pupils.
".....H-Hanji? Umm.. When I woke up after.....after I was unconscious, Levi was- well...different." Eren fiddled with his hands.
Hanji looked up at him and then back at Levi. She sighed and sat in a chair in the corner of a room, gesturing for Eren to come closer.
Eren sat in front of her and watched her curiously.
"Eren, you know that there are two types of main vampires right? A Dom and a fertile?" Eren nodded.
"Well, there are also different kinds of vampires.....in a sense." Eren looked at her in confusion.
"Different kinds?" Hanji hummed, thinking.
"Okay, look at it this way. You know the story of Cain and Abel right?" Eren nodded.
"Well god was so angery with Cain, that because of his deeds, he was turned into the very first vampire. Along his life, he created many creatures like him, and had children who inherited his powerful blood. You see Eren, what I'm trying to say is, is that there are very few direct descendants of Cain. And, well...your mated to one. Levi is the most purest blood of our kind, which makes him the most strongest and important, which is why he is our king. Now, what you saw in that room was the true and purest form of a vampire. We have evolved over the ages and less of us can actually transform, only a handful of vampires can do it. Those people are aristocrats of the highest and royalty in one form or another. So to make a long story short, your mated to an old, important, surprisingly cuddly man." Hanji smiled as she looked over at Levi cuddling with Eren's pillow. Eren looked at her surprised.
"So.....Levi....he's-"
"Yes Eren, he's really old. What, you think we would let just anyone be our king?" Hanji scoffed.
"E-Eren?" Eren turned around to see Levi in bed, reaching out to him with his eyes opened.
"Looks like your boyfriend is awake, go be cute together." She gestured for Eren to shoo. Eren got up and went over to Levi and sat down by him, taking his hand.
"Hey." Eren smiled softly. Levi gazed up at Eren and touched the key hanging around Eren's neck. Eren's smile faded.
".....it's the reason I went back. It was from my mother." Levi grabbed Eren's head and brought him down for a kiss, then he hugged him tightly, crying.
"Thank god your safe." Eren winced in pain but he stroked Levi's hair.
"Of course silly, I have you." Hanji waltzed over with a wet rag and a bowl of water in her hand. She pulled Eren back abit and placed the tag on Levi's forehead, placing the bowl on Levi's bedside table. Eren giggled at Levi's pouty face the gasped in pain. Hanji and Levi looked at Eren in concern.
"Let me take a look at you Eren." Hanji said in her doctor tone.
"I-I'm fine-" Eren grabbed his side. Hanji rolled her eyes and picked him up, placing him on the bed while Levi took him in his arms. Hanji carefully took off The shirt Eren wore.
"L-Levi-" Levi growled to keep Eren from fighting him. His mate was hurt and he'd be damned more if he let a little fever keep him from protecting his mate. Hanji looked over Eren and gasped at the dis colored brusies littering his side.
"It looks bad. I'm going to have to run some tests. It looks like some ribs were broken, maybe on pierced a lung, some internal bleeding. God Levi, he might need surgery!" Eren shook his head, scared.
"I-It's alright, I've had worse." Levi frowned and held Eren gently.
"Help...Eren..." He was starting to get tired, but kept conscious for Eren. Hanji ran some tests while Levi held him, comforting him. An hour later and Hanji was glad there were no internal bleeding, just some broken ribs.
"You'll need a rib brace, and some blood. Your on bed rest with Levi, and if either of you dickheads even set one foot out of bed-" she growled in frustration and sighed.
"I'll check back on you guys later, and you better both still be in bed! Ring the bell if you need me your highness." Hanji grabbed her stuff and left their room, slamming the door. Levi chuckled.
"Shitty....glasses." He was barely hanging on. Levi brought Eren closer and kissed his head.
"Rest love." Levi rubbed Eren's back until he fell asleep. Levi smiled at Eren's soft snores and kept him close, falling asleep soon after Eren. That was the best sleep he had in years.
0////////////////////////////////////////O
Authors Note: I noticed that I didn't exactly explain why Levi was like that in the last chapter, but hopefully this will clear it alllllll up. Any questions or anything I missed, please let me know. I am human and I make mistakes.