Chapter 49~Catching the Perp... Or Trying To

Super High School Level Actress Chiyosu Sunadu's POV

It took ages before we had finally narrowed down our list to about five people: Ayameko Etsuko, Junko Enoshima, Sonia Nevermind, Mukuro Ikusaba, and some other girl that I don't remember the name of. I think it might have been Sayaka Maizono or something like that. Then again, why should I try to remember? I tend to forget about things that aren't important.

I returned to my deductive work. Five girls who wear fake nails or have nails long enough that they look fake. "Wait," I told Ryo. "We might want to add Chouko to the list. I mean, she does have to wear fake nails when she's in disguise sometimes, right?"

Ryo nodded. "Yeah. That sounds like a good idea." He added Chouko's name to the list, writing it quickly in his messy scrawl that passes for handwriting. I don't know how his teachers read his writing when even I, his girlfriend, can't read any of it worth scrap.

"I guess that we should go looking for one of those six and see if any of them have the keys on them," I suggested.

"Yeah. Who do we want to start with?" Ryo asked. "It could easily be any one of them, and if we leave the others alone for too long, then they might do something crazy and/or stupid with those keys that they got a hold of."

I frowned. "I guess that we could start with Ayameko. I mean, it's not like she's going to resist us. She follows the rules to an almost unhealthy degree, after all," I suggested.

"Okay. Let's go," Ryo said. He grabbed a pen from the desk along with his scrap of paper, the one that had the list of suspects written on it messily. With his other hand, he took my wrist in his fingers. His touch made my hand tingle with excitement, though I would never admit to anybody but myself. I don't want to embarrass myself, after all. I have a reputation to uphold, and I'd hate for it to be ruined over something like this.

We found Ayameko pretty easily. She was pacing the length of the dorm hallway (first floor of the dorms). Her face was pale, so it was pretty obvious that she was panicking more than a little bit over the missing keys. "Ayameko?" I asked, hoping to catch her attention before we had to take a more... Physical approach.

Ayameko looked up with a gasp. "Oh! Chiyosu! Ryo! What a surprise!" she cried. "Is there something that you need to talk to me about? I can't think of any other reason that you would feel the need to approach me."

"Yeah. We wanted to ask you about the keys that have gone missing," Ryo said, his eyes narrowing. "Do you know anything? Did you take them? If we gave you a random pat down, how would you feel about that? Would you resist violently?"

Ayameko blinked in confusion. "What?" she asked. "I don't really understand what you're implying here... You think I took the keys to the school?"

"Yeah," I told her. "What do you think of this? Did you take them or didn't you? Please answer honestly for the good of us both, Ayameko."

"I didn't do anything like taking the keys! Why would I feel the need to take them? I want to go back home for summer break," Ayameko told me. I knew that she was lying about that last bit about her wanting to go home for summer break (mainly since I saw her complaining about it under her breath all the time in class), but I didn't call her out on it.

"Come on, Ryo," I whispered to my boyfriend. "We should go find the other suspects and ask them about if they know anything."

"Who do we want to go see next?" Ryo asked as we walked away from an extremely confused Ayameko. "We have to go and investigate Mukuro Ikusaba, Junko Enoshima, Sonia Nevermind, Sayaka Maizono, and Chouko. Any ideas on who we should start with? I have no preference personally."

"Chouko will probably be easy. Let's go on and get her out of the way first," I suggested.

Finding Chouko was pretty easy. She was at the center of a panicking crowd, all of whom were complaining about being locked in the school. Ryo grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the complaining students so that we could talk to her privately.

"Chouko?" I asked, raising an eyebrow her direction. "We have a few questions for you."

"Fire away," Chouko told us. "Though I don't have much time before the mob notices that I'm gone. I've tried to leave three times and they've noticed every single time I've tried."

"Did you take the keys to the school?" Ryo asked.

"What? No. This is absolute torture. I want all of these students to just leave me in peace. Why would I welcome chaos like this? Do you think I'm insane?" Chouko questioned. 

"That's debatable," I told her. Chouko rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Still. Give us an answer. Did you take the keys or not?" Ryo demanded, glaring at her with the force of an angry god.

"No. I didn't take those stupid keys. Now, if you will give me a moment, I have to get back to my admiring fans," Chouko told us. Ryo and I stared at her in utter disbelief. "By admiring fans, I mean all of the people who want my attention more than anything else right now."

"That makes more sense," I nodded. "I guess that we'll see you later."

"Bye," Ryo said. He waved to Chouko as she ran back to deal with the mob of students that continued to yell at the top of their lungs.

"Where to next?" Ryo asked.

"I guess that we could go see Sayaka Maizono," I suggested.

Ryo nodded. "Okay. Lead the way. You know what she looks like better that I do, so go right on ahead," he told me. I nodded and turned on my heel to go and find Sayaka.

------------------------------------------------

YES I DID BREAK THE ROTATION FITE ME IRL

-Digital