Sabotage

I don’t know how Jace and I survived until Saturday. I was late for his classes more than once, but somehow managed to not get in trouble for it because I was ‘sick’. Blake had continued to worry about my voice which ‘hadn’t improved’ at all throughout the week, and he almost forced me to stay in bed instead of going to this Princess and Butler thing today.

But it wasn’t just me who had trouble surviving; poor Jace was forced to struggle with my life. I’d had to save him from men at least 4 times every 6 hours, and that was his entire fault too. He’d been acting far too nice and girly, making guys think they could get to him easily.

Not with me around they wouldn’t.

But the biggest problem Jace faced was all my PE classes this week with Mr. Slaughter. I had trouble surviving those, so I don’t know how Jace stayed alive every day. I had to give him credit though; surviving Mr. Slaughter’s classes. From what I gathered, even he hadn’t noticed it was Jace, but I highly doubted that. He probably realised that if he started treating Jace differently because it wasn’t actually me, everyone would get suspicious.

I guess I will find that out next week if he drilled me 10 times as hard as normal to get my athletic skill back up. I don’t know how I managed without much training this week. I could feel my body getting weaker and weaker, but thankfully my mother had given me some training every afternoon for the past few days to keep me in shape for today.

There was only one more hurdle to pass until everything would get back to normal, and that was this contest. Having already arrived 3 hours early at the Motel, we were able to relax a little.

Or so we thought.

“THIS IS SABATAGE!” Hayden shouted; holding up his once pure black butler outfit as we all stood around in our school’s changing room.

“Who would do something like this?” Kalem asked, staring at his own. “None of the schools even know who we are,”

“I can’t believe this is happening,” Blake sighed, defeated. “What are we going to do?”

“I’ll call my mother, hopefully she’ll be able to do something about this,” I growled, pulling my phone from my pocket.

She picked up right away, her voice muffled slightly.

“What is it?” She asked. “I’m doing the girls hair, so I can’t help right now,”

“It’s the butler outfits,” I sighed. “Someone’s bleached patches of them,”

“…” It was completely silent for a moment before the line was cut off.

Blinking a few times, I started at my phone in shock. Did she really just hang up on me? We had 3 hours to get ready; we needed to do something!

BAM!

All 7 of us in the room shouted out in shock as the doors to the room blew open; my mother standing there with a murderous look on her face.

“Let me see what I’m dealing with here,” she hissed.

We quickly showed her the outfits, which looked almost exactly like the ones from first term that we wore in the maid and butler café for the school festival. It was almost an exact replica of the Butler uniform of Sebastian Michaelis from Kuroshitsuji, except instead of all of us wearing a tie; three wore bowties, ‘just to mix things up a bit’. My mother’s words, not mine.

Of course though, they weren’t in the best shape. Someone, we had no idea who, had come in and bleached patches of the jacket and pants. I had to applaud their efforts. Instead of cutting it up, they decided to bleach them; eliminating fingerprints at the same time.