Chapter 3

I woke up with a buzzing sound in my ears and a bright light shining from windows. I felt a hand holding mine as I looked over at Jacob clutching it asleep. How long was I in the hospital for? I moved slowly waking Jacob up as he got the biggest smile on his face and kissed my forehead. I asked him what happened and with a worried look he told me.

Flashback
Britt fell to the floor unconsciously. Jacob held her screaming to wake up as JJ called an ambulance.  Jacob looked at JJ with anger in his eyes saying its her fault she became so stressed and unwanted. JJ told Jacob she was sorry and stood out front for the paramedics. When they arrived they made Jacob get out of the way and he stood by JJ.
At the hospital Jacob paced back and forth waiting for news about Britt.
" Britt Anderson" the doctor said as Jacobs and JJs heads shot straight up.
"How is she doctor?" Jacob asked in a worried tone
"Shes fine, she had low blood sugar and that caused her to faint. Did she have new stress enter her life recently?" The doctor asked.
Jacob answered his best with out offending JJ " Yes she recently met her birth mother, what does that have to  do with low blood sugar?"
"I'm really sorry sir, but the baby didnt make it sir." The doctor said as Jacob looked down about to be in tears.
JJ looked at Jacob as he whispered "I didnt know she was pregnant."
End of flashback

I looked at Jacob and slowly moved my hand to my stomach where my baby once was. Tears filled my eyes as Jacob asked how long did I know.
I answered as truthfully as I knew how "Jacob, I didnt know I was either, I showed no signs."
We both looked towards the door when we heard a knock asking for entrance.  I looked at her as she walked asking Jacob if she could be alone with me. He agreed knowing this would be the only place I would actually listen to her side of the story.