Chapter 22

It's been a couple of weeks since Ichigo lost his powers. I knew he was upset. But he had two years till he returned with his full power. At that moment I was taken away from my thoughts when I heard a chair scrape across the floor of the classroom I looked up and saw Uryu standing up.
"Sensei I need to use the restroom!" Then he ran outside.
"Me too!" Then Orihime and Chad ran outside I saw Ichigo slouch in his chair and sigh of frustration.
"Hey. You ok?" I asked him.
"Yeah but, it pisses me off that I can't help anymore!" He whispered in anger.
"Its ok I understand."
"Why don't you go with them?!"
"Huh?"
"Why don't you defeat the hollow with them?!"
"Because i don't want to rub it in your face plus I know how much it upsets you and they can handle it by themselves :)"
Then they all came back and sat down. Sensei continued with her lesson until the bell rang and we all went to lunch. We all sat down on the roof where we normally eat but once I saw Ichigo face as he looked at the squad and the smiles on their faces I knew I had to do something.
"Hey Ichigo, can I talk to you for a minute please?" I asked as I stood up from my previous position.
"Yeah sure." He said emotionless as he too stood up and followed me. We walked to the bench that's close to our 'area' and sat down.
"So what's up? Is it from our conversation earlier in class?"
"Yeah, it's just, I can't help it's a weird feeling and I don't feel as happy heck even my family has noticed especially the girls. *sigh*"
"Hey, don't worry you'll be fine im sure you'll find a way through this!"
"What if my family's in trouble and I cant help!"
"Then you know that your dad will do something!" He stared at me for what felt like a minute before looking away.
"I guess you're right. I shouldn't worry as much."
"There you go! Just do me a favour? Keep a smile on your face will ya?" I said holding up his chin with a smile of my own forming. He returned it. Then we got up and sat down. Orihime who was next to me looked at me then Ichigo.
"How did you make him happy again?!" She whispered to me.
"It's only temporary but enough for him to notice what effect his sadness has on those around him... hopefully"
"I hope so too" she gave me a smile as we joined in with the conversation.

The end of school bell rang as the class began to pack their things. But then a hollow appeared. I looked at Uryu and nodded, he then left to defeat the hollow with Orihime and Chad. Ichigo saw them running out and his expression saddened. I walked up to him as he looked down at his stuff.
"Hey, you walking with ne or am i going alone?" I asked him.
"I'll walk with you yeah." He looked up with a smile in his face. I frowned.
"Seriously, stop smiling if your sad, don't fake your happiness Ichigo."
"How can you tell?!"
"Really? I can tell because I know how you feel about the situation." I began as I was walking out of class.
"And that's why I don't go with them, I know they can handle it themselves with out my help. So are we going to yours or mine?" I asked as we got to the gate.
"Well Yuzu always enjoys extra company." He said in answer to my question.
"Yours it is then. But tomorow were going to mine. I'll cook us something" I offered
"Why? You cant cook!" He snorted.
"Excuse me? I was the one cooking meals for everyone back at home! So you can judge after you've tasted my cooking!"
"Ok ok calm down, why don't you cook tonight, help Yuzu."
"I'll cook the meal on my own, your family can judge my cooking!" :)
"Ok fine, but to be honest I think you wouldn't be that bad of a cook, definitely better than Orihime"
"Hey don't be mean! Yes she does have a strange way if making meals but she's still trying"
"Yeah, I really don't want to taste her cooking again."
"C'mon it wasn't that bad, it was only one time! Plus that was the best thing she's cooked since I got here."
"Heh, that was the best?! I'd hate to taste it at her worst"
"Yeah that wasn't very good, I was throwing up for a week! She was to but only for a couple if days instead"
"Is that why you weren't in school?"
"Yeah it was the worst haha" then we arrived at his house. I waked in and went straight to Yuzu.
"Hey Yuzu!" I hugged her.
"Hey (Y/N)! How are you?" She asked breaking away from my hug.
"I'm good, but i have a favour to ask."
"What is it?"
"Would it be ok if i cooked dinner tonight?"
"Well you can help obviously bu-"
"No Yuzu you dont understand I want to cook on my own, i man you've done so much for me, you and your family, and I need some way to repay you. Plus Ichigo thinks im a bad cook and I wanna prove him wrong" she laughed.
"Well it'll be kinda difficult for me to try not to help but sure, I'll lay the table go right ahead!"
"Thank you so much Yuzu" I hugged her again then headed to the kitchen.
It took me 30 minutes to cook the meal for the Kurosaki family, but as soon as it was ready i yelled to let them know.

~Ichigo P.O.V~
(Y/N) walked in and went straight to Yuzu then left towards the kitchen. 'She didn't persuade her?! No way!'
"Hey Yuzu, what's for dinner tonight?" I asked trying to get her to go and take over in the kitchen.
"I'm not sure, (Y/N) is cooking for us tonight, and I honestly cant wait to taste her cooking!" I was gob-smacked, she's letting her cook?! What?! (Y/N) has some skill to persuade get to leave the kitchen for a night. Then dad came in i could tell before I saw him.
"Ichiiiigggooooo!" I heard while he tried to kick me again but i blocked and hit him into the wall again.
"C'mon old man haven't you had enough of that?"
"No! I have to teach you how to defend yourself Ichigo!"
"Yeah well I know how to Dad, so can you stop please it gets on my nerves." He looked shocked then looked at Yuzu and changed the subject.
"Yuzu? Why aren't you in the kitchen? You always cook? Oh no have I done something to deserve to starve my own family?!"
"No dad, (Y/N) is cooking today"
"What? She can cook?"
"Yeah, apparently, she's only cooling for us so we can judge her cooking. We continued talking until we heard (Y/N) shout from the kitchen.
"Dinners ready!" Yuzu ran in to help her get the food on the table.
"I dunno what's happening, but I don't like it"
"Me either, Yuzu and (Y/N) the both of them are acting weird"
"Yeah but why?" Then the girls cane in with dinner. We all ate while having mutual conversation.
"This is really good (Y/N), your a really good cook." Yuzu complimented me.
"Thanks Yuzu, it was a simple meal to cook" I stated
"Simple? This is amazing, better than my own cooking!" She exclaimed
"That is very unlikely Yuzu, bu-" my eyes opened wide. I looked at Ichigo with an apologetic look.
"I'm sorry, I have to go, thanks for letting me cook but I really must go, I'm sorry Ichigo I know I said I wouldn't but this one's important" I said trying not to make it obvious.
"It's fine, I understand" he said as he looked down.
"Isshin...please?" I asked I knew he understood.
"Yeah don't worry" he answered
"Thank you" I left and ran out of the house not knowing anything that would happen next.
_________________________________________________________________________

Hope you have enjoyed so far. If you have any suggestions then put them in the comments but they have to go with the story line! This was a filler of some sorts, I don't know what happened within the 2 year gap in the anime so I'm kinda just gunna make stuff up.

Enjoy the rest of the story.

~animefreak10