Chapter 34

Chapter 3 ~ Prom night

Artemis POV

Finally the day had come. It was prom night tomorrow and you know what that means! It means that all (most) of the girls get asked out! Including me. Ok I have a boyfriend but I was always thought.
'Play mean keep em keen' and its worked so far anyway. Just because Wally's my boyfriend it doesn't mean that he doesn't have to ask me. He can't expect me just to think that we are going he has to ask.

I sit on my bed combing my hair. My mother is in the living room watching TV. I brush my hair until it is smooth. Then I stand up and go in towards my mom she looks up.
"Are you ready for school" Mom asked. I nodded as I put my shoes on.
She rolled her wheelchair towards the door. I pick my bag up and smile at her. She kisses my cheek and watches as I walk towards the school. Its only a small distance from our house so mom let's me walk.

I arrive at the school. Beth and Barbara are already here (My best friends). Barbara's best friends with Harleen Quinzel and Ivy Lee. They are the 'cool kids' as people call them or as the girls say the sluts of the class. But not Barbara. She may be the third one in their group but she isn't a complete slut. She is the commissioners daughter so people are scared to go near her. But the brave boys like Aaron Thompson and Dan Stevens were those who live to tell the tale.

Barbara is my best friend and I am very very VERY protective. Beth to. But Barbara is still in that silly group with the 'cool kids' and she doesn't want to leave them. She may be my close friend but she still there close friend too.

I just wish she would realize that those 'cool kids' are freaks ((Except her obviously)).

We talked up the hall of Gotham High. It was our last year here. Then we would either go to college or somewhere else :) Beth ran up beside us.
"Hey girls!" She said.
"Hey!" I said.
"So anyone ask you to the prom yet?" Barbara asked.
"Nope"I replied.
"No" Beth said. We both looked at each other and then at Barbara. She smirked and said.
"Alan Walker, James Hennessey, David Whelan, Sam Graham and Finn McHenry" she said as if it was nothing. We knew she turned down them all.
Their was only one boy for her. She had a crush on her best friend dick. Barbara had a lot of friends.
She had been best friends with dick the longest. Then Harleen and Ivy then I came along with beth. Its pretty complicated.

I turned around when I saw something tap my shoulder.
"Hey babe" I heard a voice I knew it was Wally before I even turned around.
"Hey" I replied with a welcoming smile.
"I have to ask you something babe" wally said looking a bit nervous. Was he going to ask me to.lunch like always or about training or was it the prom he was nervous about.
Will you go to the prom with me" he asked looking towards the ground. My heart skipped a beat.
"Yes" I simply said. He instantly looked up from the ground and I felt his lips touch mine before he ran off to his friends. I turned to the.girls who were giggling.
"So you have a date now. That leaves me and beth" Barbara smiled. Beth nodded. But me and Barbara knew that Beth probably wouldn't go.

So we were going to get her a date.

I ran to the phone box. Closed the door.
"Artemis b71" it said as it took me to mount justice. I arrived to see lagoon all over Meghan. Those two make me sick. I rather her with Superboy anyway.

I saw wally speed up to my and pick me up bridal style and run down the hall he put me down once we were out of sight. His lips suddenly pressed against mine. I returned him the kiss. He lifted me up and put me on the locker still kissing my lips. He has both his hands on my waist. He started kissing me neck. When their was a loud cough cough beside us and we remembers we were in the hall still. Nightwing stood their half grinning.
"Get a room" he said. Wally grinned back.
"Don't mind if I do" Then he swopped me up bridal style and carried me off to his bedroom. He closed the door and lay my on the bed our lips never leaving each others. His hand moved the hair out of my face. He slowly removed my mask. I threw my bobbin across the room so my hair was hanging loose. I waved it around and then pressed my lips against Wally's again. I realized that Wally's shirt was off and I felt myself blush. I removed my top. He began kissing my neck. I threw my pants across the room. He did the same thing. He lay on top of me our lips never leaving one another's. He wrapped both his hands around my waist and then started kissing my back again. I gasped. Then I had a terrible flashback from when I was a child and shoved him off. He fell to the floor.
"What's wrong?" He asked as he lay on the floor only wearing a pair of black boxers. I burst into tears he ran to me. He hugged my tight. I cried in to his shoulder. I lay down on his bed and closed my eyes. He lay down beside me and cuddled my tightly.