Chapter 36

Chapter 36 ~ Don't tell me you can't forgive me cause nobody's perfect

Dicks POV

I waited silently in the waiting room. Bruce and Jim were in Barbara's room. They had spent hours talking.

I sat alone. Jason had gone home, he went back to tell the rest of the Wayne/Cain/Brown/Drake's Basically the rest of the family.

Wally made Artemis go home to get some sleep. While I stayed I sat and waited and I wasn't going anywhere.

Bruce came out of Barbara's room. He looked a bit surprised to see me.

"Dick?" He said coming closer to me "Why are you still here?"

"I couldn't leave her" I said closing my eyes waiting for him to scold me for staying here.

"I understand" he said. I opened my eyes and looked up at him in surprise.

Bruce was never the understanding type.
"Huh?" I said still in surprise.

"Do you want to go in and see her?" Bruce said and sat down. I nodded.

"Thanks" I said getting up and walking towards the door.

I opened it slowly. Jim was sitting beside her.
"Jim?" I said quietly. His head turned and he looked up at me.

"Dick--have a seat" Jim says. I walk to the seat opposite him.

"Thanks" I say giving him a quick smile. Barbara just lies their looking dead. I feel tears in my eyes but fight them off. Jim is holding her hand. I don't know how he is being so strong he is her dad if it was my daughter I wouldn't be that strong.

Jason's POV

I walk down the hall. I'm so proud to be getting married soon but barb is on my mind now and her safety. Cass comes up the stairs and walks towards me.

"Jason you don't have to put on a act for me" Cass says giving him a quick smile.

I look over at her about to protest but tears fill my eyes and I hug Cass as tight as I can. She hugged me back and as we pull away our noses touch. She stopped and stared into my eyes.

"I forgot how blue your eyes are" I said pulling myself closer to her. I kissed her and she kissed me back. I then realized I didn't love Blair as much as I loved Cass but Cass was a lesbian or so she said.

"Cass we can leave here be together I'll give up everything let's just run away.. together" I said. She looked away and I knew her answer.

"Ok I-I understand" I said backing slowly away from her.

"Jason I didn't say anything yet..just *sigh* let me think" Cass said rubbing the back of her neck.

At that second Kate came up the stairs she was like the mother bat she was always able to fix everyone's problems and I think Cass thought she could fix all hers but Cass likes dangerous she likes surprises and that is what I am a dangerous surprise. Me and cass were made for each other. I walk into my bedroom and start packing my stuff I hear a sound in the bathroom then Blair walks out a smile on her face.

"Hey babe" she says with a big smile still on her face.

"Look babe, I think the engagement was a big mistake I think, we are a big mistake" I said as Blair's smile turns upside down.