Chapter 39

Chapter 39 ~ Welcome to the black parade

It had been a month since Barbara's death...

"Babe?" Jason said looking up at Cassandra who smiled politely back.

"Yes Jason" she replied looking up at him while they ate breakfast.

"Run away with me?" Jason said he knew Cass wouldn't leave but he couldn't stay. To much had happened here. Blairs broken heart, Barbara's death, a broken down dick and kate pretending to be strong when she was dieing inside. It was too much to take in all at once. Cass on the other hand listened carefully and thought for a moment a break would be exactly what she needed especially after everything with Kate that had happened. Plus Barbara dieing didn't help.

"Anytime you want" Cass smiled. Jason head shot up. A grin grew on his face.

"Babe I love you" Jason said. Cass nodded.

"I love you to" Cass said with a smile and Kate walked in and stared at them. Cass shut her eyes total wrong timing. Kate turned and left the kitchen.

"A break is what I need" Cass said quietly and Jason nodded in agreement.

"Can we leave....today?"Jason asked. Cass shrugged her shoulders.

"I wanna be with you and nobody else if that means leaving now then, ok" Cass said with a small smile. Jason smiled happily.

Damian's pov

Ok so this family is practically falling apart. Everyone us acting strange they all seem so lost. Its been a month and nobody is improving my grandfather told me about grief. But it really hit this family hard. Barbara used to sing me to sleep when I had nightmares... I do miss her. Dick is broken he hasn't left his room. He only let's Bruce or Alfred in and nobody else. It scares me what grief can do...that it can tear a family apart and swallow it whole. That it can devour your life's for so long. That you become so depressed you feel like never waking up... that it makes you cry yourself to sleep because you miss that person so much. That you can't hold back your tears...I had never experienced this before and I hope to never experience such a thing ...ever again.

Stephanie's pov

How long can I stare at the sky for? How long can I just stare? Would the clouds know I'm staring or would they look on in despair? Would they come right down and poke me? Or maybe they would just disappear? Would they travel out to the sea? Or would they just come a small bit more near?

Bruce had told me to try wrote poetry but I was no good at it. I tried writing about how I felt but I couldn't..it made me cry... Even the clouds cry sometimes...you can't judge me.

"Steph?" Tim said sitting on the grass beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Tim make the pain go away" I cried. Tim hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry, you know I would if I could" Tim whispered.

"Tim you've always been their for me and...I do love you but...if you were to die....I don't want to end up like dick...and I don't want you two end up like dick of I died....so I think we should end this before it gets serious" I said trying yo sound strong.

"Steph your not going to die and I'm not going g anywhere, you can't get rid of me that easy" Tim put his hand on my face and looked in my eyes "I love you to much to let you go"

"Tim I love you to, but dicks so lost I'd hate if anyone ended up like that" I said put my hand on his.

"Steph, Barbara and dick weren't together when she died they had broken up. So even if you think breaking up its not the answer it's not. I will still love you" Tim said softly. I held back tear and leaned in a kissed him.

"I'm sorry" I cried and Tim hugged me.

Bruce's POV

"Helena do you understand" i asked.

"No!" Helena cried.

"Barbara has gone to sleep for a while, and she won't be waking up for a long time" I said Helena started crying. I was never good at this sort of thing. I hugged Helena who kept crying. Selina kneeled down beside the two of them.

"Princess, it's ok"Selina said to Helena who kept crying.

"When will she wake up" helena asked through tears. I looked over at Selina.

"In a long time" Selina said hugging Helena. Damian sat in the background. He was watching TV. But he was secretly upset hiding his feelings is what he does best.

When Bruce and Helena were finished talking to Helena. Helena ran over to Damian and hugged him. Damian hugged his sister. Bruce and Selina got up and sat on either side of Damian and Helena. The four of them hugged each other for a few minutes and Helena cried.

Dick POV

I sat alone in my room I didn't want to see anyone. I was listening to some of Barbara's music and I was looking at some of her old clothes she had left in my room. Barbara had loved rihanna I hadn't been a huge fan of her but her songs were on her phone so I was listening to them.

We found love in a hopeless place

Diamonds

Monster ft Eminem

I sobbed quietly in my room. How could I ever fall in love again. Barbara was always the girl for me. When we broke up I got with Lola to make her jealous. It didn't work though. She got with Jackson and she actually loved him. Instead o got jealous. And now...now she's dead and I will never get to be with her.

I knew what was going to happen next Jason would run away like he always did. Steph and Tim would his in their rooms for a few months. Damian would his his feelings. Bruce would continue as normal and hid his feelings to. Selina would comfort Helena.

Then as i was in thought Ed sheran song 'one' came on and that really made me cry more.

I would never get over Barbara...never..

Their you go chapter 39 please listen to the song it made me cry. Comment what you think of the story so far.

HArley Q∆INN