Chapter 33

Chapter 3 ~ Nothing really matters to me

Mount justice ~ nightwings POV

"Ok so, the joker is living in a old wear house or so we think. Batgirl, Blue beetle, Artemis and Wally your with us. They also think he has been living in the old hall wonder girl, Meghan, super boy, aqua lad and beast boy you will be their. Robin you are in charge back here ok? Move out!" I yell as everyone runs to ships and stations.

We board the ship. I drive. Everyone's having their own conversations and wally is talking to me though I'm not listening.
"And I was like she's so like hot! But then I said my chick is wayyy hotter" Wally rambled on about girls. I had a girlfriend. Her name was Lola. She had light blonde hair that was shoulder length and she was a nice girl.
I tried to get to the ware house as fast as I could so I didn't have to listen to wally. He was my best friend but he did like to talk a lot and eat even more.

We arrived at the old ware house. Their were two tall men outside wearing long coats that covered their faces.
We slowly got closer to the door staying out of sight. Then I signaled for Batgirl and Artemis to distract the men while me, blue beetle and wally got inside.
The girls rolled their eyes and got to work. Artemis strikes a bow to get their attention. It almost hit them but missed but she wasn't aiming for them. She wasn't trying to kill them. They started looking around. Batgirl and Artemis did a few flips and landed right in front of the men. Artemis took on the one with the goofy sunglasses while Batgirl too on the one with the weird scarf. Batgirl flung her foot up to is face driving him backwards. He tried to get up but Batgirl put her foot at his neck. Not his hands went up.
"What are you doing here? Talk!" Batgirl Said.
"Its only a fake mission, their are bombs inside to kill the people who fall for it" the man sobbed. Artemis kicked the man in the face and ran towards the building before the whole thing exploded.

((BTW this is all nightwings POV))

We stood in the bush we had just gotten out before the explosion we ran to help the girls but we saw them lying on the ground half dead.
Wally carried Artemis and I carried Barbara....because she was my best friend. We got to the ship. Barbara was unconscious. So was Artemis. Wally stayed by Artemis's side. I had to drive but blue beetle stayed beside Batgirl.

Mount justice

Both girls were getting checked out just to make sure they hadn't had any major injury's but they looked ok.
Wally wouldn't leave Artemis's bedside he held her hand and just stared at the ground. I think he was actually asleep but we'll never know. I walked over to Babs.
"Hey Batgirl" I said with a reassuring smile. She smiled back but didn't answer. I sat down and looked up at her.
"Today..." She whispered "is...angels birthday" she sobbed but kept quiet so nobody could hear. I hadn't forgot about I was trying to forget all day.
"I know" I said staring at the ground.
"She would have been 6" Babs sobbed. I nodded. Not saying another word.
"I want to go home dick" she said quietly.
"I know" I said.
"Please take me home" she cried. I stood up and asked the doctor he said she was fine and I could so I got her stuff ad helped her up. We drove in my car. I drove her to her house. Their was nobody home and I didn't want to just leave her. I sat down next to her and she didn't say a word all she did was cry. I began crying which I thought I wouldn't do. She turned to face me. I looked up at her. Her eyes were blood shot from crying her checks red. She pressed her lips against mine. I slightly pulled away our noses touched. I pressed my lips against hers again. We kept kissing until Barbara fell down to the ground in tears again.
"Barbara?" I said. But she didn't answer she just cried. The door opened her boyfriend walked in he ran to her.
"What happened?"
"Its my angels anniversary" she cried.
"Who's angel" he asked
"My baby girl... She's dead three years....she died when she was three" Barbara sobbed.
"I'm guessing dick was the father" he said. Barbara nodded. Barbara rested her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her.
"I think I'll go" I said.
"You don't have to" Babs said.
"No I have to get back" I lied. Angelica's death brought me and Barbara closer together. She was our first and only child. She died when she was three. She was to young. She had bright red hair like her mum and blue eyes like me. She loved horses. She had a rocking horse she would ride it all day. But the joker attacked Wayne manor and She was killed. She fell in the pool. It was as always complicated. I left their apartment and travels down to ground floor. I got in my Mercedes Benz. It was black in color and it was a sports car.