Chapter 10

- "He was always better in everything. Father loves him more... YOU love him more!

- Mehmet, that's not true...

- It is true, Validem..."

This conversation between Angie and Mehmet went through her mind as she was standing in front of the coffin of her own son and her husband, Herman.

She was broken inside.

And the cold winter wasn't helping at all either.

Within a few weeks after Mehmet was killed a really cold winter came around, causing many people to freeze outside and many more bad things to happen.

While Angie was praying inside the building where the graves were outside the servants, Maria and Daniel has been waiting for her when Sultan Osman arrived.

- Oh, great... He was the last person we needed - Dan hissed.

- Shut up... - Maria muttered - Just don't make any trouble...

He stayed silent now, but the anger could be seen on his face.

And Osman saw that too.

- My Lord - the pasha, who came with him spoke up - Kösem Sultan's here too. Would you like to come back another time,

He didn't respond, but walked inside the building which was a clear answer to everyone.

He wasn't scared to face his mother.

He should have...

As he walked in Angie immediately tried to get herself together so he won't see her cry...

- A hard and cold winter has started... Allah is punishing me for killing my brother...

Angie didn't say anything, but she also didn't look at him for one second.

- And you? - he continued - You aren't guilty?

He paused for a moment.

- You made a secret divan basically and threw my brother into my way... So this is more of your fault than mine. You left me no other choice, Validem...

This time Angie took a deep breath and finally spoke up:

- Don't call me mother... - she hissed - I'm not your mother... You're not my son anymore...

Now Osman was broken.

The two finally made eye contact the way that Angie could literally kill him with her eyes.

- You'll be going on the way you chose alone... But remember... If you do anything to my children like what you have done to Mehmet... I'm going to kill you myself...

With that Angie stormed out of the building and left the place as well, leaving the broken Osman behind, who began to pray to his father...

- I'm sorry, father... I didn't keep my promise...

The promise of never hurting any of his brothers.

He didn't keep the promise he made with his father.

He felt awful about it.

But the past couldn't be changed anymore...