Chapter 14

After a while of thinking Angie decided to just stay by Pablo's side and help him get better, but she was still thinking about what to do with Osman.

She knew he was responsible for Pablo's attack, but attacking the Sultan without evidence wouldn't be good.

Beside his favorite, Meleksima just gave birth a few months before that so she didn't feel the right to do anything for now.

But then something happened...

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Sultanim!

Cennett ran in to Angie's room shortly after she arrived back to the old palace.

- What happened, Cennett??

- Sehzade Omer was shot a short while ago!

- Wait, what?!

Sehzade Omer was Osman's and Meleksima's son.

- I don't know how... Or who wanted this to happen... But the man who shot him has already been killed!

- Who... I think it's obvious who's responsible for this - Angie groaned, realizing how big of a trouble she has gotten in now.

----- TIME SKIP -----

It didn't take long for Osman to get a team of soldiers and head to the old palace to see his mother, but what he wasn't expecting was the janissary team waiting for them.

Their headcount was twice as much as Osman's team was.

- What is this supposed to mean? - he asked.

- I'm afraid we cannot let you in, if you're planning to harm Kösem Sultan - their leader replied.

- I am your Sultan! - he shouted - You must obey me and not her!

He became really mad all of a sudden and pulled his sword out which caused the janissary team to do the exact same, along with his own team.

But before anything could turn worse Angie came in to calm them down.

- I'm here... Just calm down and put the swords away - she said.

They all put their sword away immediately.

Even Osman.

- So why are you here? - Angie continued - I'm guessing you're not here because you miss me, are you?

- I'll get straight to the point - Osman began - Did you order the guard to kill Omer?

- Do you really think I'm that evil to kill a baby?

- I don't know what to think about you anymore.

Suddenly another person interrupted...

- It's not like if you would be that innocent...

It was Pablo, who by now recovered fully.

- If I'm correct... Which I am... You killed your own brother and wanted to kill me too. So between you and your mother it's you, who's more evil. So think again about who else could be responsible for this sin.

Everyone was shocked how harshly Pablo was talking to Osman that even Osman himself just decided to leave silently and angrily, realizing he is indeed mistaken.