Chapter 28

All the Otthoman Empire's soldiers were called together to where they have the meetings.

They all thought they'll see Sultan Mustafa coming out, but instead...

- Desturr! Sultan Iskender Hanhazletreli!

(A/N: I messed up the word, sorry about that xD)

All the people looked up immediately in shock and indeed Iskender walked out whom a few of them knew, but most didn't know at all and were confused.

This ended up in most people talking until the new Sultan shouted:

- Would you all shut up for a moment?!

Everybody grew silent.

- Thank you... - he sighed - So as you may know there has been many betrayals in the past couple of months... People have died, who shouldn't have... Sultan Osman... Zülfikar Pasha and so on...

He stepped forward.

- But most of them have been punished now. They're no longer in this world and if I find more, who was responsible for the deaths around will also be executed.

Suddenly someone spoke up:

- But who are you?!

- Me? - Pablo suddenly smiled - Of course... My bad, I didn't fully introduce myself to those that didn't know me before... I am Sultan Murad III and Safiye Valide Sultan's long lost son... Sultan Iskender I!

Everybody were gasping now.

----- MEANWHILE -----

- Iskender... My son...

Safiye Sultan just could not take her eyes off of her powerful son from the tower, where her, Hümasah, Angie, the sehzades and sultanas were watching the scene.

- Validem... - Murad looked up to his mother - Are we safe now? Is this a good idea, or is he going to kill me, or my brothers too?

- How d---

Hümasah Sultan was about to speak out, but her mother looked over to her, making her stop immediately.

- We all are safe, Murad... - Angie replied - He's trustworthy.

- Osman was the same.

- I know... But I've known Iskender from way before I even became your father's wife, you know... And I know he will protect us...

Just then Iskender's speech draw all the attention to him again:

- But know... I'm not here to rule till I die - he said - I'm here to rule and teach Kösem Sultan's sons the best as I can... And get them all ready when it's time to take the throne... But while they're still young I'll be the one who makes sure no more betrayers are around... And all who have betrayed their father, or brother will be punished the worst way - he said sternly as he suddenly stood up then turned to the guard beside him.

He then whispered something which none could hear, but they saw something's going to happen.

- And just so you take me seriously... I'll show you what you all will get... If you betray me... Safiye Sultan... Or Kösem Sultan...

And with that a couple of guards ran over to one of the guy in a janissary outfit and pushed him down to the ground.

- This man! - Pablo continued while calmly walked up to the man - This man has been beside the guilty Davud Pasha for years! Spying on everything and everyone! Making sure to get every information to him!

Then Pablo took a sword from the guard on his other side, pulled the betrayer man up and stabbed him right through the heart.

- Remember this! This... Is what you're going to get from me... If you do what he did...

Then he casually gave the sword back to the owner and walked back inside the palace.