Chapter 29

For Pablo the next stop was the harem.

Every single girl at the harem were already waiting for him to arrive, so was Angie, Safiye and Hümasah.

Once when he arrived...

- I have just a short announcment to make here - he said - From this day on... Here will be two rulers of the harem... Safiye Valide Sultan and Kösem Valide Sultan... They both will have the same powers in the harem... They will be equal and you all have to respect both equally.

All the girls nodded.

Pablo then turned to his mother.

- Validem... Come with me now - he said - I need to talk to you about something.

She just nodded and the two left surprisingly quickly.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Mother and son went to the Sultan's room to talk alone...

- What did you want to talk to me about? - Safiye asked.

- I think you also know the reason very well - he replied - It's about Kösem and her children.

Safiye sighed frustratedly.

- Then yes, I know what you're going to say. That to leave them be, right?

- Yes.

- Do you really think after all this I'd get into another fight with her?

- I know you long enough to think you always have something in mind against her.

- And do you think I have now?

Pablo looked at his mother for some seconds in silence before he said:

- No... I believe you don't... And let's keep it that way, okay?

She just nodded.

- Good... Now go and get some rest, mother... I still have to talk to someone.

- Let me guess... Is it Kösem?

- Yes.

- Fine. Good luck - said Safiye then left the room calmly.

- Damnit... - Pablo sighed while Daniel walked into the room.

The two men looked at each other in the eyes then shockingly for Pablo he bowed down.

- Daniel...

- What? You're the Sultan now. This is what has to be done in front of the Sultan, no? - Dan said grumply, but from pure joke while he was looking at him from the corner of his eyes.

- Yeah... I just wasn't expecting you to give me this respectul move when we're alone...

- Listen now... - he sighed as he now looked up at Pablo completely - Angie trusts you with herand her children's lives... So I might as well going to trust you as well... You know things and people here more than I do... Since you live in this mess longer than I do... But one request for you...

- What is it?

- Do the best job you can... To be a good Sultan while you're on the throne... And teach little Murad to be a better Sultan than his brother Osman... Or Mustafa was...

- This has been my plan - Pablo told him calmly.

- Good... Good... You better...