Chapter 22

- Angie, what are you planning now? - asked Maria, who has been beside her as well this whole time along with Daniel and Pablo.

- I have no choice... - she sighed then she turned towards the crowd of people - From now on... Genc Osman is no longer our Sultan... And from this moment on... You all obey to Sultan Mustafa.

Daniel immediately grabbed her arm from behind as she said that...

- That's a bad idea! - he said.

- Do you have any better?! - she hissed.

He stayed silent.

He didn't know what to say to that.

- Thought so... - she groaned in anger.

She wasn't mad at Daniel for trying to stop her.

She was more mad at herself for being unable to find a better solution.

But for now she was on to get the information she needed to find her other sons.

----- TIME SKIP -----

It was now only her and Mehmed aga, who were on their way towards an old shed, where Angie's sons were supposed to be locked down.

- God, please... Be there... - she begged.

But once they arrived in place her worst nightmare became true:

The shed was burned down.

Mehmed aga was way too shocked and only got back to his senses when Angie ran into the burned place, looking for the boys that either burned to death there, or they weren't even there at the first place.

But right now they only had the first option in mind which made both of them incredibly sad.

- I was too late... I was too late... - she sobbed after collapsing down to her knees.

- Sultanim! Get up! - said Mehmed aga as he tried to pull her up - You can't give up now! You still have Osman! You need to go and save him!

- I can't...

- Yes, you can! You can do it! Now get up! - he said as he finally pulled her up to her feet and together they headed back to the car then back towards the village.