Chapter 39

- Move, woman! The Valide Sultan wants to see you so you better get in! - Angie heard Mehmed aga shouting outside her door so instead of waiting she opened it to see him and Katerina standing there.

- Get inside, Katerina - Angie hissed.

By now the girl wasn't as big mouthed as she was in the past, knowing how powerful Angie was so she quietly obeyed.

As they all walked in...

- You know the rules - she began to speak.

- I do - Katerina replied calmly.

- You'll be there to keep his company for the night... But...

She stepped closer to her and at this moment she had the deadliest look in her eyes as she said:

- If you follow Safiye's order... And you ever get pregnant... I swear to you right now you're not going to live another day...

- S-Sultanim...

- Do you understand me?

- Y-Yes... - Katerina bowed her head, but she was shivering and it was the most satisfying scene to watch for Angie.

- Alright... Go do your thing now...

With that Katerina left the room, leaving Angie and Mehmed alone now.

- I don't want to kill her - she said, sitting down - I've done enough killing to be honest...

- You talk like it was you, who killed them.

- Well... In some ways I was the one doing it. Not with my own hand, but I ordered all those executions...

- Sultanim - Mehmed sighed - All those deaths were needed... For the peace we all desired... And with Halime Sultan and the rest being alive... It just couldn't have happened.

- But we still don't have peace, Mehmed... Safiye Sultan's still on to try to take my power away...

- Yes... But Sultan Iskender still has deep feelings for you, Sultanim... - the aga smiled - You can still control whatever he's doing... Maybe a slightly bit better than his mother.

- Control, you say...

- Yes, that's correct.

- I'm not too sure about that...

- But I am. Believe me... He still listens to you more than her... So if you ever need anything... I'm sure he'll blindly follow your order.

Angie was shocked to hear the way Mehmed was talking.

But she also knew he was right in everything he said and if needed it was her, who had to make Pablo stop his mother.