Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Big day
*Don't play song until it's mentioned* *picture above is Aubrey Hernandez*

"Aubrey c'mon get down here. It's time for dinner." Mother says as she raises her voice so I can hear her from the upstairs bathroom.

"Oh! I'll be right there!" I reply back. I look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I smile.

"Today's the day." I say to myself and head downstairs. I smile when I see my family setting up the dinning room table.

"Like the streamers we used? We used aqua and purple. You're favorite colors." Joshua smiles.

"Thanks big brother." I return the smile.

"Excited for your birthday party?" He says.

"Yeah." I say.

"Your friends are on their way." Mother says from the house phone.

"Go get ready, baby sis." Joshua says. I give him a quick smile and head upstairs to my room. I go to my walk in closet and get the dress I've chosen to buy last week.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in!" I say. The door opens and my mother comes in. She wanted to help me do my hair.

"Your friends are here."Mother says. When she walks in, my three best friends come in behind her.

"OH EM GEE!!!! TE VES HERMOSA!!!!!! [You look beautiful]" Teresa exclaims

"Wow!!! Aubrey! You look great!!" Gissel smiles.

"If I were a guy, I'd so get in bed with you." Lina says.

I laugh.

"Can someone help me with my make-up?"

"I WILL!" Gissel volunteers.

"I'll help mother with your hair." Lina says. My best friends call her their mother because she is like a mother to them. I've known them since pre-k. So they're like family.

"I'll do your nails." Teresa says.

It takes about an hour and a half.

"Mi niña! Que hermosa eres! [my girl you are beautiful]." Mother smiles at me.

I flash a smile.

"I couldn't have done all of this without you all." I say.

"Aubrey?" Joshua says on the other side of the door.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Everyone's here." He says.

"We'll be there in a moment, mijo [son]." Mother says.

I hear his footsteps fade as he walks and heads downstairs.

"We'll head downstairs." Mothers says and opens the door.