Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Hit

2 weeks later, 12 weeks...

"So tell me again why Isaiah couldn't come to your first ultrasound?" Papa asks me for the twentieth time. We walk into the ultrasound room with our arms hooked together.

"Papa I told you why." I lightly smile at him. He heavily sighs.

"Rrriiiggght he 'went to see his grandparents.' I'll keep reminding myself that." Papa closes the door and my first ultrasound begins.

************ *************

"MI AMOR [My love]!!" Papa calls out as he closes the front door.

"In the kitchen, Dad." Josh yells back. Papa and I walk to the kitchen and see the two of them cooking. Mom smiles at Papa and continues her conversation on the phone while she cooks.

"Hey Josh." I smile. He shoves the strainer with lettuce to me.

"Cut the lettuce." He says without emotion. I look at the lettuce and back at Josh.

"Josh, please. Don't be like this." I plead. I wait for him to respond but instead he says nothing.

"Mijo [son], talk to your sister when she's speaking to you." Papa says with a warming tone. Josh rolls his eyes and shoves past me.

"Joshua!" Papa calls to him. He doesn't get a respond but a loud door slam.

"I'm sorry Papa." I drop my eyes to the ground as my eyes begin to blurry with tears.

"It's not your fault, Preciosa [precious]. Just give him time." Papa puts his hand on my shoulder. I smile at his comfort.

"Honey, can you cut the lettuce?" Mom looks at Papa.

"No, Mom. I'll do it." I walk to the drawer behind her and get the knife. She sighs and takes a plate of food to the table. Papa sets up the table and I finish cutting the lettuce.

"Mijo! A comer [time to eat]!" Mom yells. Moments later the door opens and I hear footsteps come down. We all take a seat and begin to eat. It was awkward sitting next to Josh. He didn't eat much less talk.

"How was your day, Josh?" I try to lighten the mood. The stiff atmosphere is really uncomfortable. Him not replying back to me doesn't make things better.

"Josh." Papa cuts his steak. Josh still doesn't reply back.

"Joshua." Papa puts his utensils down and looks at him. Joshua looks away from his food and at Papa.

"What?"

"You're sister is talking to you."

"Well I don't wanna talk to her." He snaps. I grip on my fork so hard my knuckles turn white.

"You could've said something." I glare at him. He continues eating and that's when I loose it. I slam my fork on the table and walk upstairs. I slam the door and sit on my bed.

I caress my locket around my neck as I try to calm down. I open the locket and see the picture of Grandma. I remember her smile giving me comfort. I remember her wide words making me feel better.

"I need you, Abuela [grandma].. I need you here..."

I don't know how long was I spacing out but I go out of my daze as I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I wipe a tear off my cheek. The door slowly opens and Mom comes in.

"Mom?" She hasn't talked to me since I told her about being pregnant.

"Can we talk?" She silently says. I nod and she closes the door behind her. She sits beside me and immidiately want to cry. As I look into her eyes I see the pain she's in. Her eyes are dark rather than bright. She looks so tired.

"Mom what-"

She tighlty wraps her arms around me. I stay still and I feel water drop on me. That's when I realize she's crying.

"Perdóname, Mi niña [forgive me, my daughter]." She cries. I don't know what to do. I wait to see what she has to say.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you being pregnant. I'm sorry. I hope I'm not too late. I don't want us to fight. Please forgive me." She cracks and that's when I hug her back.

"I forgive you, Mom. It's okay. I understand why you were mad. I'm happy you don't wanna fight. I don't too." I kiss her on the cheek and she breathes out one last cry.

"I love you, Mom."

"I love you too."

*********** *************

Mom and I eat ice cream in the kitchen counter.

"How was your first ultrasound?" Mom takes a spoonful.

"It was alright. Kinda long but okay." I take a spoonful.

Mom takes the spoon out of her mouth.

"Wish we did it sooner. How did Isaiah feel about it?"

"He didn't go. Papa came with me." She gives me a surpised look.

"He went to see his grandparents. He's gonna be meeting with them regularly." She nods.

I take the last spoonful of ice cream.

"Gorda [fatty]!!!" Mom laughs. I shurg and we both burst in laughter. It felt so nice talking to her like old times.

"Well I'll run to the store and get some more." Mom smiles. She walks to the living room and takes her purse.

"Be safe, Mom!" I smile. She smiles back and closes the door behind her. I stay sitting for a while until I picked food from the fridge. I go into the living room and sit on the couch. I turn on the TV and watch a show. I bring my legs up the couch. My eyes suddely feel heavy and I drift to sleep.

"AUBREY!!!"

My eyes widen open. Papa looks down on me and quickly gets me up.

"We have to go. NOW."

"Why? What's going on?" My heartbeat begins to beat faster.

"It's your mother. She got in an accident."

A car beeps outside and Papa runs outside.

"Let's go." He quickly says. Without hesitation I follow him to the car. Josh pulls up and Papa and I go in. I can't believe this is happening.

Where's mom?? What happened? Please... what's going on???

I open the door and immidiately run inside the hospital.

"I'm here for Cazandra Hernandez!!!!" I yell. A doctor looks up from his clipboard.

"And you are?"

"Goddamit tell me!!!" I yell again. Papa comes and stands beside me.

"I'm Cazandra's husband."

"You're wife was in an accident." He says calmly.

"What?! What kind of accident?" Papa's eyes widen.

"Car accident."

"Is she going to be okay?" Joshua looks at the doctor. The doctor's frown deepens.

"She's in a coma."

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hello My Lockets!💞🤗 Happy Monday.

Well school year is almost ending. Finals are coming up so I'm going to be studying for all this week. I'll try to keep up with my daily uploads.

But please don't hesitate to do any story covers for this story. I'll upload them and give shout outs.

What do you guys think of the story or chapter so far? Let me know in the comments below please❤

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘