Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Hospital

I fall to my knees.

Mom... what happened...? Mom...

"You'll be allowed to see her tomorrow. For now just rest." The doctor gives us a sad smile and walks away.

"Let's go, niños [kids]." Papa wraps an arm around me and we walk out of the hospital. The car ride home is silent. I look at the window and close my eyes.

We just got to good terms. Now this?? What's going on???

I silently cry. My heart is in too much pain. I feel like a bag is over my heart and it's trying to regain it's rhythm. Papa parks the car and I don't wait for it to stop. I jump out of the car and I run inside the house. I close the door and I sink into my floor. I bring my legs up to my chest.

I break down and I slam my fist on the floor. I didn't feel any pain from the impact.

"Mom..MOM!!!!!!!" I scream. I repeat it myself over and over again. At the top of my lungs. I cry for her. Her face just tortures me in my mind now. I close my eyes and there her eyes shine. Her smile so gleaming. Then when I open my eyes she's right in front of me. She's sitting right in the spot she sat before we left the room.

"Grandma.... please. I hope mom is alright. Protect her." I pray. I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

************ *************

Ring!!! Ring!!!!

I groan and reach for my phone. I look and see it's a video call from Lina. I look at her contact and don't answer after a few seconds. When I do I see all 3 of my best friends together. It seems that they're in Lina's house.

"Baby!!! How are you?" Teresa smiles.

"Okay." I say.

"Stop hiding under the covers. Come on it's late. What are you doing still sleeping?" Lina gets closer to the camera as if trying to see my room.

"Come on Baby. Get ready." Gissel lightly smiles.

"For what?"

"To hang, what else?" Teresa voices says. I hear a loud thud in the background and hear Teresa saying she's okay.

"I really don't feel like hanging today."

"Why not? What's going on?" Gissel gives me a worried look.

Moments pass and we don't say anything to each other.

"Okay. I'll go. Just lemme get ready."

They all cheer and end the call. I pull the covers over my head and take another nap for a few minutes.

************ *************

"Hey Aub!" Lina hugs me tightly.

"Hey, Princess." Teresa grins.

"Hey Baby." Gissel says softly. I wave my hand and we begin to walk.

"You guys aren't going to believe what happened!" Teresa jumps up and down as we walk.

"What is it?" Lina says with a little pinch of curiosity, which she rarely is. She's not into gossip.

"I have a date with Austin tonight!" She squeals.

"Details, Teresa." Gissel smiles.

"Spill it." Lina holds Teresa's hand.

Wonder how you're doing Mom.. Should I go see you now? When can I? Can I go right now? Maybe I should. No not maybe. I will. Being with my friends won't help get rid of the pain I have in my heart.

"Aubrey?" Lina's voice suddenly breaks me from my own thoughts.

"Sorry. What?"

"Were you even listening?"

"Honestly no. sorry."

Lina drops her shoulders and gives me a sad look. I give her an apologetic look. Her face expression softens.

"Are we going to be cupid like always and help Teresa?"

"No."

"Huh? Why not? You girls gotta help me look irresistible for Austin." Teresa gives me a puppy look. It doesn't work this time.

"No. Sorry. I have something to do." And with that I walk away.

  ************ ************* 

"Has she responded?" I ask Papa when I arrive at the hospital. Papa slowly shakes his head and sinks further into the chair. I breathe out heavily and rest my head against his shoulder. The main entrance door automatically slides open. I look and see Josh come in with a cup of coffee in his hands. He's in his work clothes.

"Did you call in sick to leave early?" I ask.

"Just to drop off coffee." He sharply says. He bends his knees so he's eye-level with Papa.

"Here Dad. You need something in your stomach." Josh puts the coffee cup in Papa's hands. Papa holds it but doesn't speak.

"Make sure he drinks it." I know he's saying it to me but he doesn't look at me. Instead he gets up and leaves. Papa's phone suddenly rings. He stares straight ahead and doesn't move.

"Papa. The phone." I put my hand on his forearm. He doesn't move. I shake him a little bit but get no response.

"PAPA!!!"

He blinks a couple times before looking at me.

"The phone, Papa."

He nods and gets up to answer his call. I stay in the chair and wait. I look at the door that leads to my mom's room. I shake my leg impatiently. Then the door suddenly opens and the doctor walks out. I leap out of my chair and run to him.

"Doctor! Is my mom okay? Has she woken up??"

He looks at me and sighs.

"No. We can't really tell for sure. She's unresponsive." The doctor gives me a squeeze on my shoulder and walks away. I walk beside the door. Instead of a plaster-wall by the door is a plastic see-through wall. I can see mom from here. And it instantly made my heart ache. There she was, her sleeping body laying on the hospital bed.

I put my hand against the wall. I wish I can go in there and hold her.

"Please respond, Mom. You gotta fight through this." I whisper. Papa comes back from his phone call.

"I have to go to a meeting. So I have to catch a plane by tonight." His eyes go dark by a shade darker.

"What? But your meeting was supposed to be next week." I protest. He can't leave now. Not while Mom is like this. He nods his head.

"I need to take this. I'm the boss."

"Papa, you're the boss. You can cancel it and no one will say anything."

"That's not how things work, Honey. I have to go."

I nod my head in defeat.

"I'll take care of mom. Go ahead. Start packing now." I give him a light smile since I don't have the strength to actually give him one. He mirrors my actions and hugs me.

"Thank you for understanding me." He kisses my forehead and walks away. I sit back down and look at the door that leads to the room my mom's in.

Why is this happening?

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hello My Lockets!💞🤗

Please don't hesitate to do any story covers for this story. I'll upload them and give shout outs.

What do you guys think of the story or chapter so far? Let me know in the comments below please❤

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘