Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Suddenly..

*********** *************

"I'm so hungry!" I burst as I hungrily eat my burger and fries. Everyone looks at me and smile.

"Never knew you had an appetite." Jeff smiles. Austin and Angel let out a small laugh before agreeing.

"Be with her everyday then you'll see." Lina smirks. Gissel and Teresa giggle.

I make a pouty face but then grin. I take a huge sip of my soda and continue to eat. Isaiah smiles but it doesn't seem to reach his beautiful eyes. I look at him confused and he looks at me. He clears his throat and we all look at him.

"Guys. I have something to announce." He says. When he sees that he has our attention he continues.

"I'm going to see my grandparents for a while." He says quietly. We all look at him in shock.

"You...found them..?" Angel says.

I look at Isaiah for a moment. His grandparents were said to be missing for no reason. Since Isaiah was born he told me that at birth he never met them. That his parents told him that they were missing. But now their found?

"Wow...that's good Baby!" I smile. He returns the smile lightly.

"Anyways...I'm going to leave tonight." He says.

"You want any of us to come with you?" Austin asks. Isaiah shakes his head.

"I have some things I need to discuss to them about." He says looking at me. He's meaning the baby.

"Hope things go well with your family." Angel smiles. Isaiah nods his head.

We finish our food and we all go to our homes. I go with my girls since we're sleeping over at Lina's house.

"Aubrey." Isaiah calls to me. I stop and turn around to look at him. He looks...upset? I question why though I mean- he's going to see his grandparents after fifteen years.

"Yeah?" I smile nervously. I look at Lina letting her know that it'd only take a few minutes. I walk up to him.

"I..." He closes his mouth. I raise my eyebrows in confusion. I cup his cheek in my hand.

"What is it, Baby?" I stroke his cheek slowly. His Adams's apple was rising and dropped down- meaning he had a lump on his throat. He's nervous.

"I...I'm going to miss you so much..." He says. I look at him surprised.

"Baby you're not going to be gone for that long..I hope." I smile. I will miss him. Not seeing him everyday for a few days. But it's his family. His grandparents come first.

"It's oka-" Before I can even finish my sentence he pulls my arm and embraces me for a hug. I blush at the sudden motion. I bury my face and nuzzle into his chest. He lets out a shaky breath.

"I will miss this..." He says. I look up at him.

"You'll be back. Don't worry." I grin at him. He rests his chin above my head.

"I'll always love you, Aubrey." He whispers. Those words send chills down my back. I shiver and feel the blush on my cheeks. I look at his green eyes that I so much love.

"I'll always love you too, Isaiah." I kiss him passionately. He stiffens for a second before melting into me. A car honks behind us and I see that Isaiah's dad was waiting for him. Our lips slowly break away. He takes a moment and looks at me one last time before he puts his forehead with mine.

"Goodbye Aubrey." He whispers.

"See you soon." I smile. And he lets go of my hands and I see him walk away. Once I see him open the car door I make my way to Lina's direction.

*********** *************

"Stop being greedy and pass the popcorn, AUBREY!" Lina throws a pillow at my direction. I pretend that it hurt and I fall back down.

"The bowl is still mine!" I laugh. She gets up and tries to take the bowl from my grip. Then Gissel takes it and shoves a handful in her mouth.

"Fatty." Lina mumbles sitting next to me after all the effort. I giggle and Gissel grins. Teresa eats the bag of chips and smiles at our mini war for food.

"I'm so happy that Isaiah found his grandparents." I say my eyes still looking at the TV.

"Yeah. That must have been good news to him." Lina says.

"Hope they get along." Gissel says. Teresa nods.

"I'm sure they will." My heart feeling warm thinking about Isaiah and his gorgeous smile.

9:30 p.m

"I'm going to call him. Be right back." I say as I walk out of the living room and head to the kitchen. I speed dial Isaiah's number.

It rings.

Rings again..

And again...

"Never takes him this long to answer my phone calls." I mumble to myself. I hang up when it sends me to voicemail. I call a few times. I hang up and try one more time.

I'm not available right not now. But I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!

I hang up. Why isn't Isaiah answering me? He's probably looking for his grandparents or already with them. Give him space.

"Yeah that's it." I smile to myself and walk back to the living room and enjoy the TV with my girls.

*********** *************

1:40 a.m

I lay down on the bed in one of Mrs. Alvarez's guest room. I sigh and reach on the nightstand turning off the lamp and for my phone in hopes of a text or call from Isaiah.

Nothing.

"Baby, why would I disagree? I'm way agreeing with you. I'm not going to be a father."

His words again. Why are you messing with me? I got the answer I wanted. So why am I letting his words act like this? As if I don't want the abortion. Do I though?

"Why are your words hurting me like this, baby?" I whisper to myself. I shut my eyes trying to sleep. But Isaiah's words still linger their way back into my mind.

"I don't want to be a father. I don't want a kid. And I don't need one."

Why so suddenly did you leave? Why so suddenly have you left me feeling helpless?

Thinking so much was making my head hurt.

"Why did you leave so suddenly?" I whisper again trying not wake up the others.

"Baby, why would I disagree? I'm way agreeing with you. I'm not going to be a father."

"I don't want to be a father. I don't want a kid. And I don't need one."

And with his words in my mind I drift to sleep.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? HAPPY SATURDAY!!! I hope you all like my story. If this was too long I apologize again.

Why do you think Isaiah left so suddenly? Is he really gonna be reunited with his grandparents?

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘