Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Baby shower?

Josh still hasn't talked to me. He makes side remarks here and there. Sometimes he mutters words when we're in the same room.

"Josh when are you going to drop this?" I peel a potato and put it in a pot. He doesn't say anything for a while.

"Aubrey, I'm not in the mood to talk to you."

I feel the words burn my back.

"When will you?"

He cuts the tomato a little too hard that the knife hits the cutting board.

"I don't know. What you did was wrong."

I turn around and I meet his eyes.

"I know what I did. But I'm not giving my baby up. Much less give up to abortion."

He clinches his jaw.

"Look at yourself, Aubrey. You're six months pregnant now. Once the kid gets here, it's going to be hard to finish school. You brought this upon yourself." He cuts the last tomato, wipes his hand with a washcloth and walks away.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I bring my hand to my stomach and feel the bump.

Suddenly my phone rings and I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Baby!" Teresa squeals. I chuckle.

"What's up Teresa?"

"We're coming over in a few minutes."

We hang up and I finish the cooking.

A few moments later, the doorbell goes off. I make my way to the door and unlock it. When I open the door my best friends smile.

"Hey!" They all said in unison.

"Come on in." I move aside. I was taken by surprise when Lina and Gissel both grab my arms and take me away.

"Guys! What are you doing?!"

They rush me to the living room and we take a seat in the couch. Teresa jumps on the couch across from us.

"What is this about? Don't you guys want to eat?" I catch my breath.

"We're throwing you a baby shower!" Teresa exclaims.

"Wait what?! No!" I laugh nervously.

"Shouldn't it have been a surprise?" Gissel laughs and sits down on one of the couches.

Teresa and Lina nervously scratch the back of their necks.

"Why do you want to throw me one?"

"It's what best friends do, Aub." Lina smiles. I haven't thought of a baby shower exactly. I haven't been thinking about the baby much. I mean I don't mean to forget.. it just slips out of mind, especially when I don't know the baby's gender. So much has happened and without my mother home, I didn't want much information about the little being in my belly. I suddenly lost the excitement.

"Come on, Aubrey. We have to throw you a baby shower, it's going to be fun!"

I raise my hands in surrender and smile.

"Fine. Time for a baby shower."

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hello My Lockets GUESS WHO'S BACK!💞🤗

Sorry for not updating much. I've been busy with school and homework.

Sorry if this chapter was short. Please check out my other stories please! I'd very much appreciate it.

But what do you guys think of the story? Let me know in the comments❣

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘