Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Going

"What do you mean you're not going to school tomorrow??" Lina says over the phone. I lean against my bedrest.

"I got stuff to do at home."

"Aubrey, this week is the last week of our freshman year and you're not gonna be there????"

"I'm just not going." I bluntly say and hang up. I sit in my bed and gently rub the bump that began to show more. My stomach growls and I head downstairs. I go into the kitchen and look around for anything to snack on.

"Darn. No pudding." I frown and look into the frezzer. I spot the bucket of ice cream and grab a spoon.

"What are you doing eating out of the bucket?" Josh comes in. I look up and see him waiting for an answer. He raises his eyebrows.

"You look like a pregn--" He stops and avoids my eyes.

"Because I am, Josh." I softly say. He turns away and I grab onto him.

"Josh, please. I can't do this alone. I want you to accept my decision. Please."

He looks at me but doesn't say anything. He shoves me back and walks away. I blink away the water in my eyes. I'm not going to break down again. I put the bucket back in the frezzer and head back upstairs.

Ding! Dong!

I stop and look at the door. I don't want to answer. But it could be something important.

"Hey!!!!!!!!" Standing on the doorway are my best friends. I don't want to see them. I don't want to see anybody.

"What are you guys doing here?" I clench my jaw. Teresa gives me one of her tight hugs.

"We came to have a girl's night!" She squeals. I roll my eyes and try to push her away.

"I don't want to see anyone."

"AWWEEEE COME ON!!!!" Teresa grabs me hands. I can't do this. I can't have fun or anything. Not while my mom is in the middle of conscious and unconscious.

"Can you stop Teresa? You're annoying me." I growl. Teresa slowly lets go of my hands. Her eyes loose the light that was once there just seconds ago.

"What's with you??" Lina's jaw clenches.

"I didn't ask you to come."

"We thought you needed some company. You seemed a little off lately. We're worried about you, Baby." Gissel takes a step forward.

"No! I didn't ask you! I don't need you. I don't need any of you! Go away! Leave me alone!" I slam the front door and rush upstairs. I can't do this. I don't know what to do. Oh my god. Why did I yell at them? They're my best friends. So I stay in my room and cry my eyes out.

After a few minutes I decide to call Isaiah. A few rings then goes to voicemail. I want someone to talk to. Then it hits me. I look through my handbag and find the piece of paper. I dial the written number.

A couple rings and then I hear her voice.

"Hello?" She says.

"Hi. It's Aubrey. Think you can.. come over?" I say nervously. I give her the address and I hang up.

************ *************

"Hi! I'm so happy to see you." I open the door and let them in.

"It started to get chilly with the rain." She shivers.

"Bye-bye!" Her son says.

"Honey, you say 'hi Aubrey'." She playfully rolls her eyes. The little boy comes up to me and waves his hand.