Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Not bad..

"What room is your mom in, Aub?" Lina asks as we walk to the main entrance of the hospital. I continue to walk and come face to face with the dark door. I place my hand on the nob and stay still.

"Baby we're here." Gissel places her hand on my shoulder. I keep my eyes on the nob but nod my head to Gissel's words. I wrap my fingers firmly and push the door open.

My heart aches when I see her.

"We were just fine before she left.. if I had stopped her from going anywhere.. if I had done something different.. she wouldn't be between life or death." My vision begins to get blurry as tears fill up my sight.

"Don't say that," Teresa says, "It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong."

I know they're trying to comfort me, but this isn't helping.

"All we can do is just be here for your mother." Gissel says.

"We can't be sad all the time. We need to have hope that she will wake up." Lina says.

I swallow down the big lump that has formed in my throat. I need to have this nightmare end.

No one says a word on the way home. I walk inside and go straight to my room. I burry my face against the pillows and blink furiously to stop the tears from falling. I slowly bring one hand against my belly and close my eyes as they suddenly feel heavy.

"This nightmare will end.. it has to." And with that my eyes drift off to sleep.

My eyes are suddenly opened as I hear something hit my bedroom window. I slowly get up as the pain on my back kicks in.

"Darn back pain." I mumble to myself. I put a hand on the bottom of my back for support and make my way to the window.

I get close and see that at the bottom is Anthony.

I open the window and I look down at him.

"Anthony! It's late what are you doing?" I don't know why I'm whispering.

He smiles and tries to find a way up. He grabs on to the vines and makes his way faster. When we're inches apart he gives me another smile.

"Hi beautiful." He says. I clear my throat and make way for him to jump over. When he sees he has room he jumps and waves a jar of nutella.

"I was shopping for some food and thought why not share?" He shyly chuckles. We both find a way to make ourselves comfortable and watch the sea of lights shine our roads.

We didn't speak not once. We just sorta enjoyed each other's company. At that second, life didn't seem so bad.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hello My Lockets GUESS WHO'S BACK!💞🤗

Sorry for not updating much. I've been busy with school and homework. I got sick too!!!😁😁😁

Sorry if this chapter was short. Please check out my other stories please! I'd very much appreciate it.

But what do you guys think of the story? Let me know in the comments❣

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘