Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Mood Swings

*********** *************

We make it home and rush to our rooms to change. I take out the dress that Teresa had bought me and try it on. It was a simple black dress that made it just below my knees. It fit so well. I go into the closet where I had only put my shoes in. I put on my black heels and do my makeup. It doesn't take me that long to finish. But before I leave I put on the gold pendent that Isaiah had given me.

I look at the big mirror that's on the drawer of the room. The beautiful gold pendent shining. I caress it in my hand and bring it against my lips. I close my eyes as I remember his beautiful features. His green eyes...His brown hair..His sparkling smile..

I smile at the thought of him and walk downstairs.

"You look amazing Babe!" Teresa smiles. Lina nods and Gissel closes in for a hug.

"You're beautiful." She warmly smiles. I return the smile and feel the happiness in my chest. But immediately my heart begins to feel tight as I remember that Isaiah isn't physically with me.

"Are you okay?" Lina looks at me. I nod my head silently. They all look at each other but don't ask any further questions to my fortune.

Hours later and it was the celebration for Teresa's Uncle.

"It's been forever, Teresa." Lina loud whispers to her.

"I know! But my uncle is very emotional when he is awarded." Teresa whispers back.

"Does a speech always take this long?" Lina makes a disgusted look. I smile and try my best not to laugh.

*********** *************

"Aubrey!" My mother shouts from downstairs. I sit up on my bed and go back to lean on the headrest. I let out a shaky breath. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them.

"Go away." I say. But I'm not sure if I say that to my mind filled with thoughts or to my mother. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I put my head down and let the tears silently fall. Then the door knocks.

"Aubrey? Honey?" Mother says on the opposite side. I don't reply back. I stay quiet so she won't hear my sobs.

Silence.

I wait.

Silence.

Fading footsteps.

I bring my head up.

"Stupid hormones." I sniffle. I get out of bed and out of my pajamas. I open the door and slowly go down the stairs to avoid my family. I'm on the second to last step of the stairs. I peek out the wall that sperates the stairway and the dining room.

No one. I tiptoe my way to the front door and make it outside. I let out a long breath. I take a moment to look at the flowers on the front yard. I put my hands in my sweater pockets and begin to go for a walk.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Happy Wednesday! I hope you all like my story. I'm sorry for the short chapter. I needed to move this chapter to continue on. I'll make the next chapter long for a make up!😄

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘