Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Annoyance

"You sure eat alot." Anthony chuckles. My mouth was full of the food I ordered.

"Tacos, enchiladas, cocktail, pickles with sour cream, spicy eggs.." He nods his head as he looks at my food.

"Mhmph... don't blame me." I try to say. I take a big gulp of my extra large milkshake.

"So tell me about yourself." He leans closer and thankfully the table is between us so he can't get too close.

"What do you wanna know?"

"I don't know. Anything. Like.. you're favorite color, a hobby, sport, family."

"Hmm.. well aqua is my favorite color. I like going out. I love playing soccer. And family... I don't know what's to say about them."

"I see." He gives a puzzled look. He looks cute when he gives that face.. but not like Isaiah.

Shit. Shut up.

"What about you? Tell me about yourself."

He clears his throat and changes his tone to a mysterious voice.

"Not much to say. As I carry the blood of Puerto Ricans. I love playing basketball and poetry. Not much to say about my family neither." He smiles. I slowly nod.

"So... why did you bring me out to eat?"

"My way of getting to know you."

I raise an eyebrow.

"It's not a way of giving an apology to me?"

"What did I do to get you mad?" He grins.

"Okay now you're just acting stupid."

We both begin laughing out of nowhere. And the strange part is, no matter how much I compare him to Isaiah... I'm enjoying spending time with Anthony.

Once he paid the bill we walked out and he drove me to Gissel's house.

"Thank you for the meal." I begin to look in my bag for the spare keys Gissel had given me.

"No problem."

"Aha! Found them! Well I better go insi-"

He grabs my wrist and pulls me in for a hug. I freeze. My eyes widen. This is too close. We stay hugging for what felt like decades.

"See you tomorrow, Muñeca [doll face]." He jogs to his car and gets in. Before he left he gives me a big grin. I immidiately walk up to the door and begin to unlock it. I open the door and walk in.

"Gissel?" I say. Then I hear the water sink from the kitchen. I look at my phone to see the time.

6:30 p.m.

Then I notice the date...

10 weeks and 4 days since I found out that I'm pregnant.

"Time sure takes its time." I say to myself. I ignore the thought and go to the kitchen where Gissel stood by the sink washing the dishes.

"Hey." I say.

"Oh Baby! Hi!" She smiles.

"Need help?" I put my phone in my pants pocket and begin to help her.

"So how'd lunch go with the guy?" Gissel hands me a soaped dish.

"Huh? How'd- Teresa told you?"

"Lina did."

I forgot she was the one who saw me.

"Oh. Right... um... it was okay." I rinse and put the plate in the dish rack.

"Anything about Isaiah?"

I shake my head.

"Gonna be 3 weeks." Although I think I meant to say it to myself. I seem to think about how many days have gone by without him. When we finish the dishes I check my phone.

"No messages. No voicemails. No calls."

"That's strange." Gissel says.

"You think he's okay? What if he's hurt?" How will I know?" All these sudden thoughts of him being in danger start to break my mind.

"Babe, I'm sure he's fine. Don't worry so much."

"Yeah... you're right. I'm probably just overthinking it." I try to give a smile.

"I'm going to bed. I got quizzes to do tomorrow. Good night, Baby." Gissel smiles and gives me a hug. She playfully shuffles my hair and makes her way down the hall of rooms.

I don't know how long I stayed standing there in the kitchen alone. Then I felt tired and go to the guest room. I change my clothes, brush my teeth, wash my face, and drop dead on the bed. My eyes slowly begin to close my eyes until my phone vibrated. I snatch my phone from the drawer next to the bed and unlock my phone.

Anthony: hey, Nena [babe].

I look at the screen. Questions begin to come to my mind. How on earth did he get my number???

Me: Creeper what do you want? XD

Seconds after my reply he replied back.

Anthony: Just wanted to see if you were still awake.

I smile to myself. This guy is really something. A weirdo to be exact.

Me: well im awake now.

Anthony: yeah i know now. You wanna walk to school together tomorrow?

Me: ummmm i dont know.

Anthony: aw come one, Princesa [princess].

Me: ok ok. Fine.

I can't believe I didn't yell at him for some how knowing my number.

Me: HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?!

Anthony: Calm down. Cx

Me: im NOT ur princess or your babe by the way.

Anthony: anyways when i hugged you, you had your phone in your pants pocket so i took it and dialed it.

Me: you took my phone from MY ASS?!

Anthony: look i enjoyed our time together so i thought texting you would've been fun.

Suddenly my face gets warm. I reread his last message a few more times.

I enjoyed our time together...

Me: ok well im going to sleep. Bye.

I turn off my phone and put the phone back on top of the drawer.

He'll forget in the morning. Yeah, he'll find another girl to bother so he won't pester me.

I nod my head to myself. By morning he won't even know I exist and that'll be the best thing ever!

Won't it?

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hey HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!🤗 Thank you guys for reading this story!! Hope you like it!! I really appreciate the support. Love you all! And please don't hesitate to do any story covers for this story. I'll upload them and give shout outs

Well that's all I have. Until next time! 👋

Rate? Comment? Fan? Follow?

Xoxo

~Melyy😍😘💖💘