That was interesting...

The fight between Hidan, Asuma, and the rest was quite boring to you. Until of course, Asuma used his Burning Ash Jutsu.

"Kakuzu... is Hidan going to go into that mode?" You asked.

"It appears so." He replied. Once the flames died down, Hidan had black and white markings all over his body while Asuma had burn marks all over his right side. You then proceeded to hear Hidan officially lose his sanity.

"Oh lord help him." You said.

"Which one?" Kakuzu sassily replied.

"I'm thinking more Hidan than anyone else..." You muttered. He took his metal pole and jabbed it into his leg, causing Asuma to fall on the ground. You saw the pure looks of confusion on Shikamaru's, Kotestu's, and Izumo's faces. You turned back around to see Hidan laughing his masochistic head off.

"He needs professional help..." You muttered.

He's sort of scaring me...

Even I'm a little terrified of him.

'MAN UP!'

Hidan then pointed the rod towards his heart, where, if he stabbed himself, Asuma would die. He started to plunge the rod to his chest, but Shikamaru somehow stopped him with his Shadow Possesion. For the next two minutes, Hidan and Shikamaru kept battling over dominance.

"If this keeps up, I'll lend a hand. Lord knows if Kakuzu loses his money it'll be hell for the other members." You said, stepping up. You could see the panick arise in the three Chuunin's.

"I told you to butt out...! I can handle this...!" Hidan shouted.

"Yeah, because that's exactly what you're showing me..." You replied boredly. You turned your head to Shikamaru and saw he was in deep thought.

'He's probably thinking of a strategy or a way to break the curse.' You thought. In about two minutes, he was already explaining how Hidan's ritual works. Shikamaru slowly led Hidan out of his circle from his Shadow Possession. Once he was out, Hidan completely lost it. However, more shadows came, and impaled him to the point where he couldn't move anymore. Asuma brought out his his chakra blade, and transfered chakra to it while limping towards Hidan.

"Oi! Kakuzu, Y/n, lend me a hand!" Hidan screamed. You just stood there, amused.

"Hey! Snap out of it!" He screamed again, Asuma coming closer.

Hey, aren't you going to help him?

'Just watch...'

Asuma swiftly slashed his blade, effectively cutting his head off. Shikamaru retracted his shadows, and his body went falling to the ground.

"If you wanted help, you should've said so sooner." You and Kakuzu said at the same time.

"You were too slow, Kakuzu! Y/n! You did that on purpose, didn't you?!" He screamed. This caused the four others to stare in horror.

"Of course we did. But you were the one who told us to butt out—"

"— so are you really in any position to complain?" Kakuzu finished.

"Well, I did order you to hold back, but don't think—"

"Hidan... shut up..." You said, your eyes flashing black and red. He shut up almost immediately.

"Just bring my body to me." He said. Kakuzu walked past you and picked up his head.

"O-Oi! What are you doing?! Bring me my body!" He said.