Chapter 9: Songs and Flowers

( sorry it took so long to write this I had to try to find the perfect song for her hopefully you like it, if you don't want to read the lyrics here search Ross Copperman- They'll Never Know )

It's the day everyone loves in high school......talent show day.

The day that you can eat up all the attention you want good or bad and I was stupid enough to sign up. I wouldn't have signed up if I knew that I would be looked at as the school slut by now. I signed up months ago and I even bought a new dress for it but now the excitement is gone and the fear of rejection is in its place.

What if as soon as I go on stage everyone boos because they know who I am? What if at the end no one claps for me?

" Now everyone give a warm welcoming hand for Lilly Rose! "

I hear the principle call me on stage and I take a deep breath and walk over to the piano. My mom used to take me to piano lessons before my dad left after he left us she stopped taking me and all she did was work.

I start playing the piano trying to ignore the many people watching me and with one wrong key I would be the laughing stock of the school. They already hate me so the last thing I need to do is mess up.

" Hush, baby don't cry just get through the night, overcome. Cause all that you are is broken inside but they'll never know, They'll never know. "

The begging kind of reminds me of my dad he used to call me baby girl.

Don't think about him he's the one who left us for some whore of a nurse!

My mind screams but I ignore.

" Don't think that they'll change, they push you away far from home cause all that they are is broken inside but they'll never know, they'll never know. "

I glance over to the audience to see that most of them look either completely in awe or in complete shock.

" Don't you cry tonight, rest your weary eyes cause all that you are is broken inside. It's nothing you could change, it's nothing you could hide, it's nothing you could hide. "

Suddenly I spot Blake in the crowd watching me and he seems to be the only one with a bored expression on his face. I'm shocked but happy when I see him leave the auditorium. There's a short piano solo at this moment so I pay attention to the keys and stop focusing on the crowd.

" Pink flowers and bows that's all you should know and summer days cause all that you are is beautiful child but they'll never know, they'll never know. "

I suddenly remember my dad giving me a little pink bow for my birthday when I was six. We didn't have a lot of money back then so he had to buy me a small gift. It was the last gift I ever received from him and I wore it every day for nine years until the day I finally realized he wasn't coming back.

" So don't you cry tonight! Rest your precious eyes cause all that you are is beautiful child. It's nothing you could change, it's nothing you could hide, it's nothing you should hide. "

I didn't even notice I was crying until I tasted salty tears fall into my mouth. Great I'm crying in front of my whole school!

" Cause all that you are is beautiful child but they'll never know, they'll never know. "

I finish and I stand up taking a bow and I'm surprised when everyone stands up cheering and clapping. I thought they hated me? They probably just like my voice not me.

I walk off the stage into the girls dressing room to find a bouquet of Lilly's with a note attached to it. I pick it up and read the note.

Lilly's for my Lilly! You did a great job tonight princess but I almost couldn't concentrate on your lovely voice because of that sexy dress that was teasing me ;) Anyway see you soon my love.

I don't know if I should be flattered by flowers or disgusted that he called me sexy but Blake needs to decide who he wants to be the good guy or bad guy. I mean he didn't even sign his name is he embarrassed to get caught or something?