Chapter 31: Could he?

Guess who got lucky? Me!

Turns out the class reunion of 2014 is today which is the class that Maria was in! I thought I was going to have to pretend to be a part of it but it's actually not hard to get in at all.

" Hi can I ask you some questions about Maria Ross? "

I ask some random girl and her smile turns into a frown.

" Sure I mean honestly I don't think that girl got what she deserved, no one even through her a funeral all she got was one news report on TV and then they did God knows what with her body. "

" Did you know Maria? "

" Not personally we would speak occasionally just to make small talk but we were never close she had a small group of friends, she didn't seem very trust worthy of others but she was nice. "

" Do you know who her main friends were? "

" She mostly hung around people her same age like Anna and Quinn over there. "

She says pointing to two girls talking.

" Alright thank you for your time. "

I walk over to the two girls talking and when I walk up they look at me confused.

" Hi can I ask you some questions about Maria Ross? "

" About time for someone to investigate. "

" Are you saying you don't think she killed herself? "

" I think she did but I think someone is the reason behind it I mean she was the happiest girl we knew and then one day she just kinda disappeared into thin air, next thing we know we go to her house to visit and walk in on her family dead. "

" You were the ones who found them? "

" Yeah we were it wasn't a pretty scene or smell, when we found them I think it had been days after they had been killed but we didn't find her body and she wasn't old enough to move out we never found out where she went. "

" What do you think happened to her family? "

" I don't think the killer freaked out and killed them I think it was his or her plan because I think the killer wanted Maria for some reason, I mean it just doesn't seem very logical why would you kill everyone but Maria? Clearly he or she knew they were home and took them out then took her. "

" Why would that person kill them instead of just taking her? "

" That's easy, her parents and brother were the only family she had the killer killed them because if he or she would have just taken her the parents would notice and call the cops so it was better to get rid of them ahead of time. "

" You seem like you've been thinking about this for a long time. "

" She was my friend....of course I wonder what happened. "

" But wait if you think someone took her why didn't you call the cops? "

" I did but I was just a teenager to them and I had no evidence but I can tell you this the girl that was hanging on the flag pole with cuts all over her was not the same Maria this school saw. Something changed her or maybe someone. "

" Do you know if she knew anyone named Blake? "

" Yeah he was her brothers friend and he came over all the time, she had a major crush on him we would always tease her for having a crush on a middle schooler. "

She gives me a sad smile at the memory.

" Okay thank you for your time. "

I go to walk away but she stops me.

" Do you think someone's behind this? "

She ask me.

" Sadly yes. "

" Well if you figure out who make sure to beat that son of a bitch for me. "

" Will do "

I can't believe that Blake knew Maria, could he really be behind all of this?