Chapter 60: The End

He curses and then strides over to me, pointing the gun at my head.

" I love you but I can't let you go, don't worry I will see you soon. "

He tells me smiling. I don't move, I wait for death, I welcome it and I close my eyes.

I hear the trigger go off once again but I feel no pain, does one shot kill you without pain? I slowly open my eyes to see that Mr.Edwards has been shot in the chest and is on the ground.

" Glad we got here when we did. "

I look up and in the little window that me and Whitney were trying to escape from lays a cop with a gun.

" We can meet you upstairs or you can wait there. "

She tells me and I gesture to the stares, no way am I staying with Mr.Edwards. I start walking up the stairs but each step I get I get more and more afraid that I'm going to wake up and this is all going to be a dream. I walk through the hallway and cops are inspecting the entire house. I slowly take steps towards the front door that is wide open but stop right in front of it.

I look outside, seeing the sun and the birds and the trees for the first time since I first got here and I know that nothing can be more perfect than this sight.

" It's okay, you're safe now. "

The cop I talked to at the window says, gesturing for me to come out. I nervously swallow and close my eyes taking in a shaky breath, then I put one foot out the door and peak my eyes open, the scene is still there. I close my eyes again and slowly, taking more time I take my other foot and place it outside.

1.....2.....3

I open my eyes.

Still there.

I fling myself into the arms of the random cop and I sob into her shirt.

" You're safe now sweetie. "

She says, hugging me back despite the fact that we are complete strangers.

" We need her to answer some questions. "

A guy cop says walking up and I shake my head furiously not wanting to talk about it, not wanting to talk at all.

" Don't worry we can wait a few days, after all that guy is dead. "

She reassures me and I nod.

" You're lucky your friend told us the plan before she hung up, she told us if you didn't meet us by the road then you would be in the basement. "

She explains and more tears flow.

I forgive you Whitney, I'm sorry I couldn't have saved you.

" Wipe away those tears, it's all over now and she wouldn't want you making a fuss over her now would she? She chose to stand in front of that bullet. "

She reassured me as I sobbed, then it hit me the cops didn't get here until after that happened or they would have shot him before he killed her, so how does she know that Whitney did that?

I look up to question her but she's gone, I look around yet still can't find her.

after that, the woman never left my mind as they piled me up in an ambulance to make sure I'm okay, just in case. Of course it was only female cops that rode with me.

Despite the small car I'm in, and despite the small stretcher I'm strapped to I don't feel caged at all and I'm not caged at all, not anymore, and I never will be.

I'm free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End

BOOM! So did you guys expect that ending? Comment if you want a sequel! I'm thinking of making one!

Wow I can't believe it's done thoughhhh! It's sad but she survived so at least one person did!