Chapter 37: Stalker Revealed

I begin to read the last page and there's mostly un useful things like list's of the teachers she had but then my eyes go wide as I read the last name on the teachers list.

Mr.Edwards.

She was a straight A student, she stayed after school for hours to get ahead of everyone.

Mr.Edwards looks up from his papers and follows everyone's gaze to the scene outside. His eyes immediately sadden and I hear him sigh. He walks over to the window gazing out for only a second then he closes the blinds. I think I hear him mutter something but I can't make the words out.

No he's my favorite teacher and my friend he wouldn't do this! The more I thought about it though the more likely he could have been the reason.

I look at the file again and it says he was her teacher the year she disappeared.

Wait if he did this does that man he's my stalker? All those times I caught him looking at me, all those
" friendly hugs ", all those times he would place his hand over mine to let me know he was there for me was all of that just a reason to touch me? Did he ever actually care about me?

I stand up ready to leave but when I look up Lacey is standing there blocking the doors.

" Lacey what are you doing? "

I ask her and notice she has tears in her eyes.

" I'm so sorry Lilly. "

She says and before I have time to respond she lunges at me and presses a cloth to my nose making me fall to the floor.

" Someone help! Lilly fell and hit her head on the sink and she's passed out help! "

I hear Lacey yell.

" Lacey what are you- "

I can't finish my sentence as blankness devours me but the last thing I see is a pair of shoes in standing in front of me.