Chapter 26: R.I.P

After a few minutes of standing there bewildered I end up going to Mr.Edwards class late.

" Sorry I'm late I had to go get a slip for being absent. "

I tell Mr.Edwards as I walk in. He gives me a small smile.

" That's okay, take a seat. "

He tells me. Today is the day we always do class book work so I ask for the page numbers from the girl who sits beside me and get to work.

~

An hour into the work we all hear cop sirens so instantly we look out the window to see what's going on, most of us probably assuming someone is drunk in the parking lot again but my heart stops when I see the sight before me that most have only seen in movies.

A girl is hanging by her throat on the flagpole.

Everyone stares out the window not being able to turn away. It's like when you watch a horror film and you know something terrifying is happening but your eyes refuse to move away for even a second.

As I watch the girl hang her lifeless body is moved slightly by the wind and I feel the air knocked out of me when I see the lifeless girl hanging there is the same girl that talked to me only an hour ago, the same girl who pulled me into the janitors closet. The way she acted in the janitors closet was as if someone was out to get her.

Was she killed by this person?

Mr.Edwards looks up from his papers and follows everyone's gaze to the scene outside. His eyes immediately sadden and I hear him sigh. He walks over to the window gazing out for only a second then he closes the blinds. I think I hear him mutter something but I can't make the words out.

Who would do that to such a young girl? She hadn't even started living yet and they took her chance away from her.