7.

"So, I met this boy online last night

"So, I met this boy online last night. He is flawless." Daniela spoke while we sat in front of my locker. This girl meets a new boy every week.

"But is he real?" I questioned her.

"He's so sweet." Daniela kept talking and ignored my question.

"But is he real?" I asked again.

"You're so annoying." Daniela said as Pretty Eyes came and sat next to me.

"You don't know how to text back?" He asked.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." I said sarcastically as I continued to scroll on my phone.

"I know you're lying. You're on your phone right now." He said and began to laugh.

"Oh. Now I see what you're talking about. I guess you're an ok person. I don't know you well enough to form an opinion." I told him.

"Well you can get to know me." He said while sliding closer to me. A little too close. Before I could reply, Desiree came and grabbed his hand.

"Come on baby you don't need to be talking to those low lifes." She said. Daniela was about to say something but I stopped her. We started to walk to class.

"Next time I see you talking to my man, I'm gonna slap you!" She yelled down the hallway. I could imagine fighting her. She'd walk up to me and then push me. Then I'd lunge at her and stick my hand into her stiff weave. I'd pull all of it out. Track by track.

"What are enough smiling about?" Daniela asked.

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all." I smiled back. Then Pretty Eyes walked into the classroom and sat with his friends. That's weird. I wonder why he didn't sit behind me.

The teacher began the lesson and I took notes. Then my phone vibrated. It was Cayman. I looked over to see him dating at me.

Pretty Eyes😒- Desiree said she is going to fight you if she sees us together again 😔
Me-😑
What's her problem. She should fight him not me. Why did he feel the need to tell me this. I already heard her say she was going to smack me.

Pretty Eyes😒- I broke up with her 💔

In my head I'm jumping for joy. Now I won't have to deal with her while we work on this project. Or I'll feel her wrath because she thinks I was trying to steal her boyfriend. This is a lose lose situation.

"Alright everyone, get in your groups and start working." the teacher said.

Everyone began rearranging the desks.

"I have a great idea for our presentation!" I said. "But, it requires a lot of drawing." I had envisioned the perfect project idea in my sleep last night.

"We can paint a mural of the entire story." I said.

"I like that idea and I can draw but it is going to take a long time." Pretty Eyes said.

"We can meet up everyday after school at the bookstore. I'm pretty sure our manager won't mind." Daniela suggested.

"Alright, it's set." Pretty Eyes cheered. Maybe I should start calling him Cayman.....

🌻🌻🌻