Epilogue

two years later

two years later...

I was walking to my mailbox when I heard someone call my name. I turn to see Rashad running towards me.

"Hey beautiful," he says and pulls me into a warm hug.

I feel my cheeks heating up and turning red. I get like this every time I see him. I can't help it.

"Hey handsome."

He grabs my hand and we walk together into the mailroom.

"I can't believe you two are still sending letters back and forth like it's the olden days." Rashad says after seeing the envelope Cayman sent me.

For the past two years we've been sending each other stuff in the mail. I write short stories or poems and he draws pictures that go with them.

We haven't physically seen each other in a year since I've decided to move to New York to be closer to job opportunities and Rashad.

"A letter is more sentimental," I roll my eyes.

He places the envelope back in my hand and kisses my cheek.

Once again I begin to blush. He makes me feel so good. We've been dating for a year and I still get butterflies whenever he comes around. Everything about him is perfect.

"Well I'm going to start writing you letters."

I ignore him. There's no way that boy has time to write me letters. He's studying medicine and he's so forgetful.

"I'll believe it when I see it."

He pulls me closer and wraps his arms around my waist. I admire his milk chocolate skin and become lost in his light brown eyes. This boy is so beautiful.

He leans in for a kiss and I slightly move out the way.

"Not in public Rashad," I lightly push him and he sighs.

"Then let's go," he grabs my hand and leads the way.