12.

I didn't see Cayman at school today

I didn't see Cayman at school today. I hope he's alright. We're suppose to finish our project after school. I'm not about to fail because he's stupid.

"Have you heard from Cayman?" Daniela asked. I shook my head while we walked to the cafeteria.

"Text him." she suggested.

"You do it. He's your boyfriend."

"I know for a fact he'll answer if you text him though."

"Fine."

Me- Hey Cayman, are you alright?

I sent the message and waited.

Pretty Eyes😒- I'm fine. Can you guys come over after work?

🌻🌻🌻

Tired is what I am. Me and Daniela just got of and are heading to Cayman's house. At least he didn't die last night.

"Did you notice how Cayman's mom looked." Daniela asked.

"Yeah but the weird part is is that she didn't even care that her underage son was drunk. And that wasn't the first time."

"White people." Daniela said and I tried to hold in my laugh.

Once we arrived, Cayman led the way to the basement. His house was full of African art and crystals. His mom must be down with the cause. I wonder if the celebrate Kwanzaa.

"Here's the completed mural. I just need help
painting this last section." Cayman said.

"This looks so nice." Daniela said.

"Yeah but are you okay? The last time we saw you you were covered in vomit." I said. Daniela gave me a shut up look and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm fine. I just had one too many." He said.

"You sure? Your mom said-"

"Mind your business." Cayman semi-yelled.

I know he didn't just raise his voice at me. Not today. I got up and said, "Your house wreaks of cultural appropriation," and walked out of the door.

I hope he gets hand cramps from painting. I was trying to check on his wellbeing and he wants to put base in his voice while talking to me. I don't think so. I sat in the car and waited for Daniela.

🌻🌻🌻