chapter 26

reader pov

3 weeks later

i sighed. my date with isshin is in an hour and im not gonna lie, i might be getting cold feet. i mean...this is literally the father of my best friend. seriously. what if this got serious? how would ichigo react if he found out i had planned to marry his dad? im not saying that will happen but there isn't a reason it couldn't. its kinda weird. im having trouble wrapping my head around this. i heard a knock. i wasn't expecting anyone. i walked over to the hotel door and opened it. it was ichigo. "what are you doing here?" i asked. "just don't worry about me. i know you are in here thinking 'what if' but im here to tell you to just go with it. this is really big for my dad. he has been calling me nonstop for the last few days to see if you might've changed your mind. like literally non stop," his phone started ringing. "see? this is him right now," he picked up the phone. "...yeah...im with him now...yes he still wants to go...don't worry ill be fine...ok...just wear the black one...ok...love you too..." he hung up. "just go out there and work your magic. my dad has been through so much and i know from experience that you will be the best thing that has ever happened to him. you look fucking amazing in your suit. your tie is a little..." he fixed my tie. "there. you are absolutely perfect. just go to the restaurant and handle you bidness. call me when you are done. ok," i nodded. i grabbed my wallet, phone and keys and followed him out.

i got to the restaurant a few minutes early and got to the table. it wasn't to big a restaurant. nice. had a valet so its kinda high profile. i took a seat and ordered some good wine to start us off. i waited. and waited. and waited.....and waited. i was getting impatient. isshin was susposed to be here 10 min-. he came running from the other end of the restaurant. he took a seat. he was tired and panting. his black suit was messed up. i sighed. "im soooooo sorry, nick. my car broke down on the highway and-" i held up a hand to shush him. "its fine just go to the bathroom and fix yourself. ill be waiting," he nodded and got up. he headed to the bathroom.

he returned a few minutes later with his composure fixed. he took a seat. he took a deep breath and proceeded to talk my ear off for 20 minutes straight. i just put my chin in my hand and leaned on the table. at least he was passionate about...whatever he was talking about. i  got completely lost just 5 minutes in. he was just ranting. he must have been nervous. "isshin...isshin...ISSHIN!!" he finally looked at me. "just calm down. there isn't anything to be nervous about. just...calm down. i have no idea what you were talking about for the last 15 minutes," he blushed. "its just...its been so long since ive been on date and you are just so sexy and..."he started rambling again. i put up a hand. he calmed down. "if you aren't gonna listen to the little bit of advice i just gave you then i may as well leave right now," he stopped talking. he made a zipping motion with his fingers across his lips. i sighed. this was gonna be a long night.

"so...will there be a second date?" he asked. i could tell he was hopeful. he literally started rambling every ten seconds. i couldn't calm him down at all. he just completely ignored my advice. i didn't want to break his heart but my head would explode if i had another date like tonight. "definitely. just...not for a while. you are great but i just don't want to rush things. i definitely want to have a second date and soon just not right now," i said. i could see him start to tear up. shit. he was starting to cry. ichigo would kill me if he found out i made his dad cry. shit. what to do what to do what to do!! "ill...call ichigo right now to schedule another date...ok. just give me a minute," he sniffled. he wiped his eyes. i got up. "ill be right back. don't go anywhere," i walked out the door. i phoned ichigo.

****rrrriiiinnnngggg****

yeah...

its nick

oh hey!! how did the date with my dad go?

its was....its was...it...was...