Hobby

(authors note: this story takes place between part 1 and part 2 of the Father and Daddy series. this is just a one shot based on the story)

grimmjow pov

"umm....you could take up knitting," i shook my head. "the fuck i look like taking up knitting," neliel seemed to think it over. "you could knit him a sweater or a head band or something," she suggested. i shook my head. "nothing about knitting is manly. nick likes manly things," i said. she shook her head. "im sure that whatever you give him will be greatly appreciated. he could wear the head band to work out or something. you could stitch something funny like 'property of grimmjow' or something. i think he would get a kick out of it," she was trying to help me come up with a hobby to take up. for some reason she insisted on telling me all the old lady stuff. im a man. i want to do something manly. that is what nick likes about me. 100% man. "i want a manly hobby. nick always asks me what i do while he is gone and i can only tell him that i wait for him to come home. literally. i just wait for him to come home. he said that isn't healthy," i explained. also our anniversary is in two days and i want to get him something special. something that he can only get from me. "...i don't know what to tell you. ill text noitora and see what he suggests," she pulled out her phone and began to type. a minute later she got a message. "he said you could take up fishing or hunting or something like that," she said. fishing was boring. ive seen many movies while waiting for nick to come home and none of them make fishing look any fun. hunting, on the other hand sounds like it could be fun. something i can do with the kids. i could bring something back and cook it for our anniversary dinner. yeah. hunting sounds like a good idea. "ill try hunting. its very manly," she nodded and we left the restaurant.

i went to a gun shop to get a gun for hunting. "so what'll it be? we have pistols, shotguns, rifles, etc. what do ya need a gun for?" said the shop keeper. i looked around. i spied a nice sniper rifle with a scope. looked real nice. wonder what nick would say if he saw me with this. "im going hunting. i want that one," i pointed to the rifle. he looked over at it. "that is a real nice one right there. kinda pricey too. you good for it?" he asked. i took out nick's black card and set it on the table. "trust me. my husband makes serious money. i can buy this whole shop if he wanted me too," i said proudly. he looked at the card. "hmm...(f/n) (l/n) is your husband? well you wouldn't mind if i saw some id, right?" he looked at me questioningly. i grinned. nick made me go to city hall a while ago to get a new id with my name on it. i pulled my new id out and handed it to him. he looked it over. "thank you, Mr Jaegerjaques-(l/n). now, i just need your hunter's license and i can get you the gun," shit. you need a license to hunt? i didn't know that. i sighed. "don't have a license?" i shook my head. he grinned. "well you are a lucky man to have came to this shop. we happed to have a small program that is state certified. takes only two hours. you interested?" i nodded. "its is 500 plus the licensing fee," i handed him it in cash. he took it eagerly. i followed him back to a small room that was set up like a classroom. he handed the money to a man in a business suit, exchanged a few words and left out the room. the man stood in front of the chalk board. "hello sir. im (random name) and im a state certified teacher. if everything goes smoothly and you past the test, you can be certified three hours from now. this class is 2 hours in a classroom, 45 min in the shooting gallery, and a 15 minute 20 question final, after which you will be given the card verifying your certification. without further or do, the quicker i start, the quicker you can enjoy your hunting license," he smiled and started teaching.

3 hours later....

"here you are, sir. thank you for going through the program. this card will allow you to purchase ammunition and a weapon and hunt in areas where hunting is allowed. would you like to upgrade to a class? it will allow you to bring home any game you acquire," i took the card from his hand. i nodded. he smiled. "it'll be 250. will that be cash or credit?" i handed him the cash. he took it and i was given a sticker. i placed it on the card. i put it in my wallet. i walked back to the front desk. "you still want that gun?" i nodded. he walked over to the case and pulled it out. he took it apart and put it in a box. "would you like some ammunition?" he asked over his shoulder. "yeah," i replied. he got two boxes and placed them with the gun box on the counter. he rung it up. "that will be $10,242.25," i handed him the black card. he swiped it and handed me a receipt along with a little slip of paper. "this is a list of the local hunting spots," i nodded and took the stuff to my car. it was getting dark out so i decided to go hunting tomorrow. i went home.