chapter 32

reader pov

a week and a half later...

kyoroku sat in my office eagerly. i sighed. "so..." "yeah...it was finalized two days ago," he said. "are you really sure about this?" he nodded. "just...what is the real reason you are here?" i asked. "im here for you," he said plainly. "its not as simple as that. is there something you really need from me?" i asked. i could feel the frustration building up. "...yeah. actually it is. ive known you for a long time now. you are smart, sexy, thoughtful, caring, etc. i guess im just now coming to terms with my feelings for you," he said. i shook my head. "this...this just..." i couldn't even think of what to say to that. "my marriage was sorta forced really. we simply made it work for as long as we could for our families. there was a lot of tension on the relationship since the beginning. we really had been growing apart for sometime now and i guess you were the straw that broke the camel's back, per se," he said. "yeah...i guess i could see your point but...since when were you gay?" i asked. in all the years i had know him he never showed signs that he swung that way. "i don't know if id call myself gay. i really only have eyes for you to be honest," he said. "well then what was that i had heard about you and some blue haired slut? i could have sworn it was a guy," i said. "...no. no. definitely a woman. i had only recently got into guys, more specifically you, when you came over that one time," he said. that didn't seem right. im only 28. i not near the age of being senile. he could sense my analyzing. "just...that isn't the point here. you said that when i smoothed it over with her and we still went through with it, we could talk about me and you," he said. i face palmed. i really did say that didn't i? i cant really go back on my word. "so how would this work?" i asked. he thought it over. "well, it would probably be our friendship with benefits i guess," he said. "that's not a relationship," i said flatly. "...shit. you right. umm..." he thought about it for a long while. i got a page. "we will have to talk about this some other time. i have a meeting in like 10 minutes," i got up from my chair and headed out. he followed close behind.

i didn't end up hearing from him for the rest of the day. i found it kinda odd but i didn't think too much into it. i think a relationship with him would be sorta awkward. i mean, he is a great looking dude. good job. i wouldn't mind him if the situation were different. i got in my car and headed to the hospital. "you already know who im here for," the nurse nodded and i headed to his room. "why did you wear your suit to see me?" he said. "i didn't stop by the house first. do you have a problem with it?" i said. he shook his head rapidly. "if i did you would go and not come back. its just odd to see you in a suit at the hospital," he said. "so how much longer?" i asked. "like three days. they said that it was gone three days ago but want me to stay to make sure," he said. i nodded. "ok...so when you get out, you can go right back to  your apartment. i have set up an interview for you at a company that another friend of mines owns," i said. his face brightened at that. "you got me an interview?" i nodded. he tried to climb out the bed. i pushed him back down. "you don't have the job. i was only able to get you this interview because im friends with the owner," i said. "you have so many friends that are doing big things," he commented. "well, i only keep good people with goals around me. it started in college and will continue for life," i said. it was getting late. "im gonna go ahead and go," i got up to leave but he grabbed my arm. "i want a kiss," he said. "your breath smells like prescription medication. it has a terrible aftertaste," i said. "i don't care. just gimme a damn kiss," he pulled me down and out lips met. i sighed. he was starting to pull me in the bed. i pulled back. "oh come on. do you know how long its been since ive had good sex?" he whined. "not my problem," i fixed my composure and headed out.

when i got home, i noticed kyoroku's car was here. it was odd but i just shrugged it off. i headed inside. i had got past the receptionist when i spotted kyoroku in the lobby. he got up when he spotted me. "what are you doing here?" i asked. he wore some casual jeans and a tee shirt and held only a pair of raggedy boxers in one hand. "well....she kinda kicked me out the house," he scratched his neck. "just get like an apartment or something," i said. "well...i was thinking and...since we are dating now, i could just stay with you," he said. it didn't sound like a bad idea. he was my room mate back in college so i already know how he lives. i sighed. "fine," i headed over to the elevator. i hit my floor. "whoa. that's really high up," he said as he joined me on the elevator. it dinged on the floor and we headed to my condo. i opened it up. he gasped. "ive never been to your house before," he just walked in and straight to the bathroom. i sighed and closed the door. i heard the shower going. i walked into my room and changed my clothes. i went back to my living room and took a seat on the sofa. kyoroku joined me a few minutes later in nothing but those raggedy boxers. he laid on the sofa and put his hip on my lap as he spread out. i sighed. "don't you have any regular boxers?" i asked. he shook his head. "what's wrong with these?" he said. i stuck a finger through one of the boxer legs and poked his ass crack. he gasped. "don't do that. it turns me on," he said.