1

Camilla

Today was a Wednesday, which meant it was racing day. I had an early start, so I spent most of the day hyping myself up about the events that would happen later tonight.

The day played out like any other day; Spending hours upon hours polishing up and perfecting my precious black Plymouth Barracuda.

This was my first, and only car I've ever used since I started racing. As soon as I turned 18, I moved out and bought myself this one of a kind. My parents were never to fond of my passion for street racing, considering it is illegal, so I decided to leave and fulfill my biggest dream.

I quickly payed off the car as I traveled all over Los Angeles, making almost $10,000 a week. Lets just say I got popular fairly quickly , which allowed me to customize my car to my hearts content. After street racing for almost a year, I'm lucky I haven't had it rough with the law like the others.

You see, I'm a girl, and in the rules of the Streets, no woman has ever raced, and no woman ever will. I go by the identity of Cam Cuda, and with the man never existing in the state of California, I've never been caught. In my eyes, rules were made to be broken. What have I got to lose?

The clock hanging upon my garage wall buzzed as the time hit 2:30 am, taking my attention from my now sparkling car. I spun on my feet skipping into the small house I call home, as I felt adrenaline picking up in my body.

I slipped on a pair of black jeans, and an oversized grey hoodie, tucking my long brown hair up and inside the hood. I laced my mouth with a dark patterned bandana and a pair of black sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose. I swiftly tied up my black boots, before spritzing a layer of my Giorgio Armani cologne all over my body.

Tonight's race was held in the heart of Los Angeles, which was personally one of my favorite routes to race. My car hummed as I ignited the engine, feeling my body scream with excitement. Tonight I was going to race, and tonight I was going to win.

I arrived after about a 20 minute drive. My car crawled towards a oddly crowded street, which i knew was my destination. As I got closer, the crowd became louder and louder, before I met up side by side with my opponent.

The mans car was a bright shade of orange. I traced my eyes over each detail of his vehicle before my eyes met with his. His brows touched in annoyance, as he realized who he was up against.

"Tonight we are racing for eight thousand dollars!" A man now standing between me and the orange car announced making the audience grow louder, waving his hand up towards to the sky encouraging the noise.

My heart pumped with confidence as I gripped tight onto my leather laced steering wheel.

"On the left here we have Prestige, in his Ferrari 485 Spider!" The man cheered into the microphone, as I looked over to see the rest of the Prestige squad hyping up the driver, for him to only meet eyes with me once again.

"And on the right, we have the lone wolf, Cam Cuda, in his one and only Plymouth Barracuda!"  The audience grew even louder for me, which made me laugh at the driver beside me with his weak ass team.

A woman in bright red pumps and a short black dress stood before us with the reoccurring black and white checkered flag, tight in her grip.

Her in my sight made me roar my already vibrating engine, hearing my opponents weak engine on my side, and forgetting the audience swimming around me.

"Three!" The lady brought the flag above her head, making me narrow my eyes, focusing on the road.

"Two!" My foot  glued to the accelerator, ready to explode.

"One!" She whipped the flag down to her waist, which meant she was already gone out of my sight.

My tires spun along the road, flicking up loose asphalt behind me. 100 meters into the race, I was already ahead of the Prestige squad.

My foot flat on the gas pedal, I swiftly dodged from block to block, seeing the orange speck of what the Prestige's car was, far behind me. I watched through my revision mirror as their vehicle spewed smoke, disappearing around every corner, giving them no chance to overtake.

Finishing the route, I slowed to a stop, meeting up with a sea of cheering men and women. Adrenaline took over my body, and my hands shook against the wheel.

"Another day another dollar!" The man once again hauled his voice at the microphone in one of his hands, holding a stack of cash in the other.

I winded down my window, holding out my hand to have received the stack I won, quickly winding it back up and speeding off down the closest empty street, with my prize money. Police sirens echoed through the city as people-filled cars abandoned the scene.

My car broke the silenc  of the still morning  air, as I drove back to my abode that was snug in east Los Angeles. I tucked my car into the small garage, before dragging myself into my bedroom, ripping off my men smelling clothes and throwing myself at my bed. I glanced  at my phone screen that read 3:52am, before sinking into a deep sleep.

"Another day, another dollar."

-

First chapter! Eek! I don't know how long I'm gonna keep writing this, But I hope people read it so I  have a reason to, so dont forget to vote and comment. Enjoy!